ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye bye Clio, new motor arrived

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
So it finally came to this. It was going to happen sooner or later but its happened sooner than I thought. I came across this BMW for a great price so made the move.

My Clio which I will miss vs the new motor
photo1zg.jpg

photo2ml.jpg

Hard to see but HID's in there. They work damn well from my drive just now!
photo5.jpg

Its been an experience driving the Clio, I just loved throwing it into corners and weaving through traffic but something was missing. Maybe the new car can give it to me.

Ill still be here and at meets. :)

Mitesh

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
I spent about 5 minutes debating on what section and gave up. :(

It is in very good nick. Think about found 3 dents which were tiny so im very please with its condition. Does need a good detail soon.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I spent about 5 minutes debating on what section and gave up. :(

It is in very good nick. Think about found 3 dents which were tiny so im very please with its condition. Does need a good detail soon.

other marques ;)

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
From working on it its the 1.8 version (not sure what bhp it currently has).

Its pretty much standard body wise but ill try and post what I remember.

- 50mm drop
- M6 rep rims
- Scorpion exhaust system (which gave me a headache to start with)
- Replaced entire cooling system due to age
- Standard airbox fitted as the K&N was a bit of a cowboy job.
- Custom interior (retrimmed to a pale blue and creme)

No audio at the moment so all stock in that dept too.

Since most of the work is done, it should be something I can live with. The Clio is staying in the family after it comes back from the mechanics for a bad injector. :)

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Close but only a 318is. Few models came with the M3 bodykit (BMW like to call them the M-pack on those). Sadly the M3 was out of me budget. :(

Thanks. :)
I wrote 318is originally but then noticed the interior and edited my original post lol!

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
I wrote 318is originally but then noticed the interior and edited my original post lol!
AH! Makes sense. Yeah I was confused as this interior I never seen before let alone the e36 M3's.

I generally see the e46 M3's and never paid attention. :(

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
not sure about the alloys but apart from that the car is stunning :D

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
AH! Makes sense. Yeah I was confused as this interior I never seen before let alone the e36 M3's.

I generally see the e46 M3's and never paid attention. :(
The interior actually looks like its from an Alpina BMW imo!

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
The interior actually looks like its from an Alpina BMW imo!
I would say its a good rep. There are bits from the trim you can see it was retrimmed such as the doorcards. I am tempted to set it up as an Alpina but then again, it never was in the first place so I might just go with my own style.

Ill have it retrimmed before the BMW Heritage show next year but for now just get used to RWD.

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
not sure about the alloys but apart from that the car is stunning :D
As mentioned. To be honest, the car as a whole including the rims does look better in person.

When I saw the original ad, I just saw the rims and wanted to change them straight away. After a while, they grew.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
next time im in london il keep an eye out for it and see if it is good up close ;)

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Not so sure on the front indicators. De chav it slightly and then it'll be a winner!
I might go for the OEM indicator part instead. Bit too much chrome going on for me. The badges will go back to the OEM BMW ones. Now sure on the kidneys but I might spray those black.
Nice, apart from the wheels.

Also, & in case you didnt already know. It has the M3 vader interior. Thats worth £600 by itself ;)
Seems to be a bit 60/40 on the rims. I want a set of BBS RS's later as mentioned but price.....

As for the vaders, yes I have seen the prices on those and since those are all custom tailored, I might get more but I doubt I want to get rid of them. :)
Tad chavvy in parts, but lovely colour and looks bloody well for an S!
Give me a chance lol. Only had the car for a few days. It cained a bit chunk of my budget. I only planned to spend £1k and pick up a runner.
Lovely bit of p**n there. Also they suit us Indians to a tea ;)
Yeah, well one more day with the Clio and it goes to my mech for a check up and replacing one injector and ill be rolling in the BMW from then on. Fuel is going to be a pita.

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Got bored so took a few more pics.

bmw-1.jpg

bmw-8.jpg

bmw-9.jpg

bmw-10.jpg

bmw-4.jpg

Not much clearance
bmw-5.jpg

Some interior shots of the vaders. Cream and alcantara trimmed.
bmw-2.jpg

bmw-3.jpg

bmw-6.jpg

bmw-7.jpg

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
LM's are too overdone IMO. When I goto any BMW meet recently, I have seen more than an eyeful of them. Im just holding out for a nice set of BBS RS rims instead. :)