ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bye bye clio

CLIO 172 Mrk2
after 5 long years with mrk 2 172 traded it in for fabia vrs se

Attachments

• DSC00151.JPG
    DSC00151.JPG
    288 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC00180.JPG
    DSC00180.JPG
    279 KB · Views: 84
  Audi TT 3.2 V6
Enjoy the vrs mate. Bit different from a 172 but supposed to be a good car all the same.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Slam it on Octavia wheels ftw!

Guessing he got it to save money? Seats are nasty apart from that not bad cars after a bit of tinkering with.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Nice cars my wife came from a VRS to a 182.

Still think about going back. All that torque suits her driving style more. Shange up early & surf that torque.

There isn't that much difference in running cost to be fair. Economys a bit better but diesel is more expensive. Her fuel computer was hopelessly optomitic and said 60mpg but it was more like 50 mpg. And she now gets 40 mpg in 182.

Leather easier to keep clean compared with normal VRS seats. Blue looks good but never been to sure about tinted rear windows.

Like said above get it lowered and get som Octavia wheels (painted black) on it and I will be drooling.

320d
Fabia VRS is a great car by all accounts. I'd own one if i was a little older and had the petrol hot hatch stage behind me.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Personally couldn't think of anything worse than owning a Skoda. A neighbour has two Fabia VRS's and they don't do anything for me.

CLIO 172 Mrk2
well ok, 02 57,000 172 things would start to go wrong so a change was required
+ points
£120 year road tax
£200-300 for fully comp
50+ mpg
better build quality
and looks ok

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
I had one, suited me at the time - 19, cheap tax/insurance and diesel wasnt expensive then. Felt bloody rapid after a 1.2 Punto. Even so, they never will be as fun as an equivalent petrol (even after a remap) and next to the likes of a 182, they look a bit boring (even after lowering, better wheels lol!).

Enjoy it though

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
Good cars, just slightly slower than a 182 in a straight line. Not too smart around the corners though and suffer from terrible brake fade.

CLIO 172 Mrk2
i've had my fun with the clio yep it was fast and nimble but
problems were'nt far away
i think smart move a bit fun factor and cheaper
will miss it
build quality very good and leather seats are brill
ticks all the boxes

Black 172 PH2
Good luck with it, ignore the badge snobbery, Skoda's are solid cars (VAG remember!)
My dads got a Octavia, never a problem with it.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Impressive torque-my mate has the ibiza cupra. Looks wise, could be a little sportier/lower-those plastic trims down the sides look f**king terrible!

mk4 golf gttdi180
deffinatly not a downgrade in nowadays ,i went to a ibiza cupra and they are very very torqy clios still mak me want one

Skoda Fabia vRS
nice car, ive just switched from a Clio (mk1 valver) to a vRS and i love the low down torque !

BMW 330D
Cheap cars for what you get imo.
Certainly not as bad as some people say.
Ive got an Octy VRS have had it for just over a year, much more fun than my clio ever was tbh!.