ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CAD Questions Thread?

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Type Flatten.

I find this can lock up my pc so usually I manually select all, go to properties and change the Z value to 0.

Also check your fuzz distance in the pedit command.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Type Flatten.

I find this can lock up my pc so usually I manually select all, go to properties and change the Z value to 0.

Also check your fuzz distance in the pedit command.
nope flatten didn't work 😧

(flatten worked, pedit afterwards didn't)

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
nope flatten didn't work 😧

(flatten worked, pedit afterwards didn't)

Had a look at this on the pc, its because you've drawn them as closed polylines.

If you select the polylines (straights), go to properties, under misc, you should see closed (yes) change this back to No.
Then you should be able to join them all up. :smile:

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Had a look at this on the pc, its because you've drawn them as closed polylines.

If you select the polylines (straights), go to properties, under misc, you should see closed (yes) change this back to No.
Then you should be able to join them all up. :smile:
ummm when I double click on a straight line to bring up properties I don't get that option - I am using cad 2006

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hmm, earliest I have is 2007 and it works ok in that.

Try right click properties?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
gee I'm not sure whats going wrong tonight.

Ive done a drawing in 1:1 scale, ive setup up a new viewport and I'm not trying to scale the drawing to 1;100.

how do you do it again?

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Click on the viewport itself, I.e the box shape, and then set the scale in the properties menu to 0.01
Thanks, it took me ages but you need to do zoom then #xp

I was missing the zoom command

Slight thread revival, does anyone in here do any AutoCAD freelance work?

Just something I've been thinking about doing as a little side earner, but don't really know where to start.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Just something I've been thinking about doing as a little side earner, but don't really know where to start.
I did. It's dried right up. Shame as it was ok. I found it through friends so can't really help.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

Plenty of Indian/Asia country's doing it so unless your willing to do it for peanuts there's not much out there.

Yeah I figured it would be undercut by anyone with a lower cost of living.

Just wondering, it's a shame as it's something I can do with my eyes shut these days.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

In what industry?

In mechanical engineering, autocad is the devil.

If you can, pick up solidworks or Catia. Much more scope for work

I'm training to be a Civil Engineer, should be qualified next summer, so AutoCAD will take a back seat in my world.

However, during my training, and for a good part of my working life, I've used AutoCAD, starting with kitchen design, and now for producing the more basic deliverables in the CE industry. Civil3D will be more my gig, in fact it is already really, but AutoCAD will always be around, I think.

My thought process was that as I start doing less and less AutoCAD work at work, I could do some on the side, because when it's basic work, I do enjoy putting some music on, and cracking through some drawings.

So to answer your question: Civil Engineering, specifically Strategic Highways, but interior/kitchen design is also there too.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
could someone tell me why I cant extrude my shape?
doing my head in now

Attachments

• rubber2.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 132

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Does anyone know if there's a way to replicate a shape (circle) along a polyline at equal spaces?

Essentially i need to show a 10m long retaining wall (made out of timber posts) along a curve, wondered if there's a quite way... (maybe @Rob or @Eddie. ?)

Yeah, array.

Draw polyline. Place circle on said polyline. Run command "array". Select circle. Choose "path". Select said polyline.

The array will produce a context sensitive ribbon, where you can adjust the spacing.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
I need to draw the shape of these pedals, but am struggling.

anyone got any suggestions?

using the oval feature does not work, the shape is different

xQ2Eed.jpg

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Best way would be to split the curve into several sections and then spline it.
If you can scan it in 1:1 scale email it to me and I'll do it and show you how on a DXF.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Best way would be to split the curve into several sections and then spline it.
If you can scan it in 1:1 scale email it to me and I'll do it and show you how on a DXF.

didn't think of scanning it, good call. ive tried getting a camera lens centred before, taking a photo then trying to scale it so perfect size. but sadly it never comes out perfect.

I have a scanner, so will try that tonight.
Two identical circles for the top and bottom rad and one larger one in the middle, connect them with a tangent arc?
I understand what your saying but not sure how I would get top and bottom circles the perfect size.

For a mini?

I have one and am cad skilled... I feel this could work out!
yes yes and yes...

Reactions: Pep

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
just in the process of making my son a plane shelf and I thought I know I could machine a propeller on my cnc router. ive drawn a simple 2d one but thought a sweet 3d one would be good.

anyone ever drawn one and got a design they would share?

before anyone says why not buy one, I like making things. and im making a plane shelf, not buying one!! :)

2626f6921566b2640c43c2de41759dc9.jpg

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
just in the process of making my son a plane shelf and I thought I know I could machine a propeller on my cnc router. ive drawn a simple 2d one but thought a sweet 3d one would be good.

anyone ever drawn one and got a design they would share?

before anyone says why not buy one, I like making things. and im making a plane shelf, not buying one!! :)

View attachment 1409155

Should be quite a few on grabcad available for free.