ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cadwell park race report 18/7/15

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
So it was the turn of cadwell park to get a hammering from the tricolore trophy.
weather was dry, bright and warm and i was feeling more nervous than every.
started off easy getting the tyres up to temps and remembering the circuit then really started to push.
the car was feeling great and soon got caught behind a coupe which seemed to spend more time going sideways then forwards but then i got a black and orange flag for flapping bumper, my own fault as i forgot to rectify this after thruxton.
As it happend i only missed 2 laps and was reaaly pleased with the result which was 10th just in front of the coupes that i was held up by.

race 1 was soon upon me and i was brickin it hoping that i got a good start to keep the coupes behind so i could settle into my race but also told myself that i am not racing them as the next car in my class was down in 19th.
I got a reasonable start but the worst happend and i lost a few places to the coupes but on the plus side it gave me somthing to battle with.
in the end and after a bit of a tap and sideways action i finished 8th overall and first in class.
heres the vid

race 2 was a bit of a stale race as i got a better start and held onto 8th place in front of the coupes and soon gaped them but the car just wasnt handling as it should and under closer inspection it looks like the rear beam is bent toeing the wheel out from where i was hit in race one(bugger).
but a good race result finishing 7th overall and first in class again.
heres that vid
All i can say is i am so chuffed and i am really enjoying the club and its members, so cant wait for silverstone in 4 weeks where i get to race against adam for the first time.
off to shop for some bits now to get the old girl ship shape.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Will look forward to next vid. Glad your enjoying it though, looks fun.

Who sets the car up, tracking wise? Can't remember if you do it

182cup & 172 racecar
Well done Bob, bet you are really glad you joined us now.

Good neat driving, and you did the right thing in race 1, just wait for a few laps to get settled in before starting to pass CC cars.
Chuffed to bits for you :smile:

I would change the rear o/s disc as well, 99% chance the bearing is damaged.

bob the builder

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
cheers tony, yep chuffed to bits such a good bunch of people.
i hope its not damaged as its brand new.(doh)
next vids will have rearview as have just got another cam.I got it put on the 4 wheel tracker at protyre in winsford. i told them what to set the front at then i used the info on the rear to set the toe with shims.
times were averaging about 1.50 with my best being lap 8 in race 1 at 1.49.