ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cadwell Park Videos - (RenaultSport) August 2009

Here is my footage, only posted on here when I was driving, to avoid any confusion with the second driver.... If you want to see the other videos, go to my YouTube page...

Video 1 - Bloooor was my passenger, quite a few people out, Silver 182 with lots of stickers? Think D4ve lets us both past... Bit further on an inferno 182 lets us past, Evil Ally? Along with Ryan K. I then pass the Silver 182, who were you? Behind a White 197 then, mini_nicks mate? He lets me pass and im behind D4ve at 9.45min, and he lets me pass a short while later.

[youtube]n7-UZfSDItk[/youtube]

Video 2 - withoutabix as my passenger, catch upto Atouba around 3.30min in, then pass him and a Red 197. Catch an Inferno 182 up around 6.45min in, was it you Evil Ally? Black Twingo makes an appearance towards the end also.

[youtube]7FMlmxlCmNQ[/youtube]

Video 3 - Out on my own, brakes lock up around 2.30 mins in. 480bhp.com is behind me up until 5.10min in, then I let him past on the main back straight.

[youtube]tWECYdDVM5I[/youtube]

Video 4 - Start behind a silver twingo and Leanne in her Williams? Silver twingo nearly pulls out on me on the 2nd straight. D4ve lets me past around 2.30min, quite an empty track after that!

[youtube]hcWLCJuY04s[/youtube]

Video 5 - Last outing of the day and a pretty empty track, session was ended slightly early as unfortunately a 197 came off the track.

[youtube]7fO0nV29i_s[/youtube]

There are 4 other videos on my youtube where my mate was driving, see if you can spot yourself in any of those... Il probably post them up sometime later in this thread.

alot! specially more that i can really push the engine hard without worrying about it not being mapped properly!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Why have you fitted that dash and dials? Where are your oil temp and pressure guages?

The Mk1 dash will not fit properly now the cage is in (Bulkhead bar in the way for the speedo cable), so went to the 172 set with an electric gearbox speed sensor. Also running the 1.2 dash-top to remove the 3 dials as I hate the look of them there. Sensors and wiring is in place for oil temp/pressure but ive get to fit aftermarket guages, its on the list to do eventually though.

320d
Car seems to be running very well Jord. You seemed to pass the 1*2's quite convincingly except the silver 182, presume it wasn't standard?

I wasnt expecing to pass much TBH, most of the time It was the same speed and it was just down to the better driver....

Im on a standard engine now, cams are out at the moment....plus ive added the weight of the cage, so wasnt expecting to be getting miles away...

But still, car drove well :)

they weigh 995kg standard iirc lol. Gona cut the doors out soon and get it weighed, so quite a lot less than that :)

he went to overtake me and the silver 182, then he held back so i went past the 182 and he decides to go for it whilst i was doing so, and nearly goes into the back of me...first video I think it was!

172 sport
Nice bit of driving there f0xy,and yes in answer to the above point,you could see f0xy lifted the throttle to let him through,so it looks like the Megane is going much quicker,but I drove the R26r demo car in the afternoon,and I was driving it like I stole it,but believe it or not I could only get to the same terminal speed at the end of the straight than my 172 clio which was just over 110mph,and f0xy's cars is at least as quick as mine,where the Megane does gain though,is putting the power down out of the corners,for this reason it should be 2 or 3 seconds a lap quicker,all other things being equal.

Megane R26
Nice bit of driving there f0xy,and yes in answer to the above point,you could see f0xy lifted the throttle to let him through,so it looks like the Megane is going much quicker,but I drove the R26r demo car in the afternoon,and I was driving it like I stole it,but believe it or not I could only get to the same terminal speed at the end of the straight than my 172 clio which was just over 110mph,and f0xy's cars is at least as quick as mine,where the Megane does gain though,is putting the power down out of the corners,for this reason it should be 2 or 3 seconds a lap quicker,all other things being equal.

i got the feeling that the r26r was speed limited. when i was out in it i noticed it wasnt quite gettin to 110, it had just stopped pulling. i guess its done to stop ppl getting carried away in it.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Would be quite good for the filming on the track days to have a second rear view mirror to the left of you main one and angle it so that the camera is able to see out of the rear of the car.

Just a thought.

Nice videos, and a lovley car!

cheers!

Im at mallory on saturday and will have a rear facing bullet camera on the go, will see what I can come up with :)