ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cage is in the shed

E90
Cage had been sat waiting to go in for a month or two now, finally gave the car to the welder last week, and its finished and ready.

Not without a few problems, firstly the sunroof fot in the way, I didn't want the pain of taking it out, so the cage struggled to get past it, this resulted in the cage no longer being a bolt in, and being welded in, to save the extra cm or so, the bolt in plate gave.

DSCF0446.jpg

DSCF0444.jpg

DSCF0455.jpg

DSCF0456.jpg

Next was the harness issue, I'd requested a bar across the rear cross, to mount them too, the welder outfits disabled cars as a career, and came up with a ingenious solution, although generally its not reccomened, he's fixed a steel bar across the rear bulkhead, and its eyelets are welded in place and the whole thing secured with no less than about 10 high strength bolts, He assures me it wont budge, and looking at the way he's engineered it i have to agree.

DSCF0450.jpg

DSCF0449.jpg

DSCF0448.jpg

He charged me 125 euros for the lot, I gave him 150 in surprise, good old mates rates lol :lol:

Cupra
Looks like great fun.

Is the rear bulkhead solid enough to keep its shape IF there was an impact?

E90
Tis a fair question Andy, one which i put to the guy that installed it, but looking at the way he's engineered that, I'd say it'll be strong enough, wouldn't like to test the theory though lol.

A4 Avant
I love the way your car looks. I hate old shape beemers, but yours just looks right!

Did losing the bolted connections mean the sunroof still works?

Which can you lap the ring in quicker, golf or bmw?

E90
pmsl, Nope the handle wont come out, but to quote Thomas Benton "we'll sort something out there" so I feel a TBR modification coming on

E90
schweeeeeet, I have Wing wah withdrawls allready, need my fix of you and the missus and deep fried chinese food ASAP.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I'll probly sell it for a few hundred when i've found something decent. Could be your DRT #2

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
looks good btw, wonder if it will be any quicker with it fitted?

whats 0-60 on them? or 0-100km? ;)

E90
late 8 ish 9 secs I think, top whack of about 125, not uber quick, but feck me it handles ace, and is great fun, wont win any drag races though lol

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Cool, RWD is awsome too.

I can't wait until March, bit worried about my DB limit and the whole "we are banning track cars unless there TUV"

But I suppose most of it is just the usual bullshit

E90
Dont act like a tit in the carpark, and while queing to get on track and the TUV guys may not bother you, turn up in a 300 hp subaru, and rev it up with your anti lag exhaust and they pay you special attention. TBH, if mine doesn't get on then I'll say thanks for all the fish, and just use it for track days in future lol

172, Tiguan
Cool, RWD is awsome too.

I can't wait until March, bit worried about my DB limit and the whole "we are banning track cars unless there TUV"

But I suppose most of it is just the usual bulls**t

Its not, but shhhhhh and it won't happen. We're all going March 1st, so will let you know what happens!

Cupra
Dont act like a tit in the carpark, and while queing to get on track and the TUV guys may not bother you, turn up in a 300 hp subaru, and rev it up with your anti lag exhaust and they pay you special attention. TBH, if mine doesn't get on then I'll say thanks for all the fish, and just use it for track days in future lol

Have you ever driven around Zaandvoort? There are some pretty good rates at 20 Euros per 20 minute session.

Was seriously looking at doing one soon but my tyres are getting low anyway and I dont want to shell out for new ones just yet.

E90
not driven it, been there a few times for the A1 GP and the dutch supercar stuff, great track, keep meaning to do a track day their, not done any in the bmw yet (except the ring) as I wanted to have the cage in place. Fancy doing Zandvoort, zolder and Assen when I get the time, and Spa is a must sometime this year I think. Also considering bringing it over to Yorkshire and doing croft as its 10 mins up the road from mothers house.