ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

caliper question

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Hi I have a very sticky rear caliper on my cup. I'm in the middle of sourcing a replacment but I could also do using my car. Could I just remove the pad holders and pads until the new caliper arrives? Or would the piston come out to far and press on the rotor? Cheers

172 cup, Impreza P1
If the sticking piston suddenly frees itself you will have no braking at all as all the fluid is pushed to the place of least resitance, ie where there is no pad.

You'll need to put up with it or not drive the car until replaced. I would not drive the car tbh.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
You're a moron if you do that.

It's much safer to leave it as it is and replace it when you have the new bits.

172/1.2/E30
Hi I have a very sticky rear caliper on my cup. I'm in the middle of sourcing a replacment but I could also do using my car. Could I just remove the pad holders and pads until the new caliper arrives? Or would the piston come out to far and press on the rotor? Cheers

iv had the same problem with mine.. i just drove it tbh with you but its getting a new 1 put on 2day

Are you serious? Really stupid as the brakes are the most important part imo