ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Call of Duty 3 - not on PC

Is this a wind up? A PC game franchise finally sees a console that's capable of playing it, and then we don't get a PC version?

I'm out of the loop on this game so feel free to dominate me - is there a PC version planned? If not, it's a sad day when A PC classic dies in favour of a console version :S

:| :| :| You sure... i remember speakin to some lad i don't like, and don't have much to say to him at all (you know the type) so was just talkin about the one think we have in common (gaming) n he said he'd just updated his graphics card so that it would run COD 3, LOL!

i kinda hope it doesnt come out on pc now to just piss him off! hehehe

FPS are shite IMO on consoles... trying to aim with analogue sticks... id rather stick the gamepad up my arse than play FPS on a console tbqh.

^^agree on the joypads

I'm not sure really. I have just read that it's not scheduled for PC. Certainly not any info out there that I can find that suggests that it is.

hmm ive just had a quick google... looks like you're right... well thats a load of old arse! Call Of Duty is like one of the only single player games ive played more than once (twice... lol - which is a lot for me)

bad move really, they gonna loose a hell of a lot of sales surely????

well.... maybe :S

^ Isn't it just. I just checked out some of the video's for COD3, does look impressive... but im completely put off by having to use pads... are there any decent keyboard/mouse's out for xbox, that have same response as a PC would??

Perhaps it's basically just an expansion on of CoD2, with no new engine updates. Maybe a next gen PC version is on the cards that will 'need' new gfx cards etc?

hmmm i see what ya mean... but surely if its an expansion for COD2 it would be called COD2 *expansion name*, and not COD3. wasnt cod 1 + 2 on the same engine anyways?

CoD2 looked massively better than the original. It used better shaders and has superb volumteric smoke effects. Not really sure about CoD3, but it's an outrage if it doesn't come to PC.

olliee said:
hmmm i see what ya mean... but surely if its an expansion for COD2 it would be called COD2 *expansion name*, and not COD3.

Not really, not if it was a console marketing excercise? What I mean is it might just be a whole new story using an identical engine?

off topic:

yeah, 2 looked a lot better, although the russian missions were pretty shite in my opinion. Only thinged i liked about them was the high pitched kid sayin "i got one" or somethin like that, when he killed someone, lol.

The American D-Day missions were mint imo :D:D - especially on hard mode, one bullet and your dead. The amount of times i punched my comp doing them hehehe!

out of interest, what multiplayer games do you play, if any?

Roy Munson said:
Not really, not if it was a console marketing excercise? What I mean is it might just be a whole new story using an identical engine?

but 'expansion packs' usually have the name of the title they are an expantion of, battlefield 2 has good examples of this, like BF2, BF2 special forces, BF2 Euro force etc etc.

Although i do understand what you mean now, i wasnt bein a dick head about it, was just a little confused by what you meant at first by an expansion pack, as 9 times out of 10 they are like the above example :):)

Roy Munson said:
I used to play MoH online, and Half Life, that's about it really. Oh and PGR on Xbox Live.

I remember trying to play that back when Allied Assualt had just come out... the hit boxes were dire, lol. I loved that game on single player back in the day :D

Just Half life online??? or a half life mod??

Roy Munson said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty_3

No PC version planned, but it's coming out on PS2 and Xbox? Surely a joke?
Unlike Call of Duty 2, Activision doesn't plan to release a version for the PC or GameCube.
that certainly is bad news :¬(

Though not yet released, Call of Duty 3 has already drawn some controversy on the internet among fans of the franchise. The most common complaint about the game is Activision's decision to forego developing a PC version, a choice which has not only angered many long time fans of the game, but has also resulted in the creation of a number of internet petitions advocating a PC release.

:(

wasters, if it doesn't come out on pc, then i don't know, but i won't be going out lashing £100's out on a colourful kidies playbox to play it, if that's there idea

Jays172 said:
b****cks, what you do? I want in

12 hours shift technician on the steam generation, coffee ground combustion, refrigeration for the factory. I have to sit here and look after the allen bradley PLC as well and operate the plant

either i'm really knackered or that sounds like a load of jumble!

After one hijacked thread my work is done, off to hit the hay

Why do you need to look after a PLC? It either works or it doesn't. No need to look after a bradley PLC, unless you're just name dropping, or progamming it ;)

Roy Munson said:
Why do you need to look after a PLC? It either works or it doesn't. No need to look after a bradley PLC, unless you're just name dropping, or progamming it ;)

looking after - operation of the plant

AFAIK CoD3 is being developed by a different developer than the pc version which is Infinity Ward. IW are 'apparently' keeping tight lipped about the pc. My guess is its going to be modern warfare. Sort of BF2 but without the vehicles and crap. But im speculating.

T

thecremeegg

From what i hear, COD3 is going to be a console exclusive, but the next COD is planned to be released on PC...so we have to wait for COD4 :(
Why the hell it isnt on PC bemuses me cos FPS only work on a PC
Hmm

R

rich[182]

Roy

Yep. COD3 is definitely NOT gonna be on the PC, I agree it's pathetic considering that COD1 came out on PC first and was then ported to console, Also the sales of COD2 went through the roof on PC and the online multiplayer community for all PC CODs is huge

www.planetcallofduty.com

Also COD United Offensive is widely regarded as one of the best expansion packs ever, It was better than most full games imho

But every cloud has a silver lining, we are getting MOH Airbourne which from what I've read will blow COD3 out of the water, and the developers of this will be loving the fact that the absence of COD3 will be to their advantage

MOH Airbourne will be using Unreal 3 engine, far better AI than in COD3, and all the maps are "open" and much less scripted than anything any of the COD games have

Don't forget we also get Brothers In Arms 3 too

I've seen trailers for these and they look amazing, both on Unreal 3 engine too

Developers of COD3 should hang their heads in shame, a classic example of greedy muppets who are simply thinking £ and $ by catering for the masses, in terms of p*****g off the COD community on the PC, BIG MISTAKE

Last edited by a moderator:
  Monaro VXR
With the 360 having standard USB ports developers can enable mouse and keyboard support in games its just a lot choose not to.

VaVa
Roy Munson said:

You obviously don't work with PLC's Roy..... or if you do you certainly didn't write the software for our scada based process control!!!

An which AB's are you using Ralph? 5's? 5/250's? Or the new Logix 5000?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
we have allen bradleys, mintika PLCs, DC tools and a techmotive server. Luckily we don't touch em, thats the maintenance boys job!

Laingo said:
You obviously don't work with PLC's Roy.....

No, I program in a proprietary language derived from C++

I do have a basic understanding of RLL PLC style scanning code though, as they integrate our systems and act as the master to the robots (in most big applications), so we (robot programmers) work intimately with the softtops during line commissioning.

I'm not arguing, just saying that properly commissioned PLC code should rarely need much work doing to it, just as with any software :)

Pretty seriously off topic heh? :D

Laingo said:
You obviously don't work with PLC's Roy..... or if you do you certainly didn't write the software for our scada based process control!!!

An which AB's are you using Ralph? 5's? 5/250's? Or the new Logix 5000?

We have alot of 5's all over the place. Plenty of Logix 5000 around too.
My plc logic programming skills are not the best though LOL I didnt do it much in the apprenticeship. I did quite like doing it though.

eeek scada lol !

I love coding. Making systems do amzing things based on what you dream up at your finger tips is satisfying as funk. Unfortunately on most big jobs, the client spec doesn't give you much freedom.

I love taking a big f**k off pump off plant.......taking it to my bench overhauling reseting the clearance (especially if its a rootes blower!) and then running it again, working as it was :D

great feeling lol