ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Amazing to think that CoD was born on PC and now they have actually given us console graphics upscaled (badly) to whatever res they pretend we have selected. It's the worst looking PC game I've seen in a long time.

And yeah PMSL at the default mouse sensitivity! LOL! I spun round about eight times on the spot with my first touch of the mouse. What were they thinking with this? It looks worse than MW2. Much worse. Surely they're forgotten something?

Fiesta ST-3
This is probabaly they best place to ask this....

I've had every Cod Since 2, I've always completed them and traded them in pretty soon after as the online didnt appeal to me, however, not it really does, So Im trying to get into it.

But I am woeful, to the point its boring. Im average 4 kills and 8-10 deaths in a 10 minute TDM, and its getting very tiresome and boring. Everyones gun seems more powerful and accurrate than mine (its probabaly not, just me been poo)

IS there any tips or areas I can play with n00bs? Everyone I go in theres me on lowly level 3 and everyone else on 40+? Are there any easier modes to get the basics?

I'd also hazard a guess that you sprint everywhere as much as you can. I'd say for one whole round tell yourself you are not going to sprint at all. This allows you to aim quicker and are not in a mess as an when you meet an enemy. Just try it as see how you get on.

Bus w**ker
JUST. f**king. AWESOME.

Played a bit of the SP and then two and a bit (maybe more) hours on MP. After playing BLOPS for the past 10 or so months it took a bit to get back in to it, but it plays just like MW2 did but a lot smoother and with a lot less glitches. Maps are well designed and most seem to be quite compact so you're not running around for 10 minutes trying to find someone. Aiming is spot on and it's very pretty, although not a patch on the graphics of BF3. The levelling up is really quick, even quicker if you have prestiged in previous COD games and pick the double XP/double gun XP prestige thingys with your token. Creating a class is complicated though, so many options and no real clue on how to use things but that will be sorted with time.

All in all it's the best game I've played this year. Yes it's MW2.5 for those that can't understand how a successful franchise works but it's still going to be the FPS of 2011 without a shadow of a doubt.

Sadly quickscoping is back and the bellends are camping already, but as soon as people know the maps they will soon get flushed out.

S3, Polo
5FJjk.png

White APE
It has been lagy like, one or two games were unplayable.

Just in locked assassin it's about like Ninja ans cold blooded rolled into one I think

I'm rocking with the SCAR L with silencer for quit a while.

I've got elite Pint so have Aly and Seb

I've registered elite etc but cant work how how you get the elite emblem, camo's etc in game.

You guys done it?

Bus w**ker
Sure I read something about the elite thing not going live until 13/11/11.

-callofduty.com/founder said:
If you have a MW3 Hardened Edition you can use the code included on the Founder card to add Founder benefits to your Premium account on the site after 11/13/11

Last edited:
  Fiesta ST-3
JUST. f**kING. AWESOME.

Played a bit of the SP and then two and a bit (maybe more) hours on MP. After playing BLOPS for the past 10 or so months it took a bit to get back in to it, but it plays just like MW2 did but a lot smoother and with a lot less glitches. Maps are well designed and most seem to be quite compact so you're not running around for 10 minutes trying to find someone. Aiming is spot on and it's very pretty, although not a patch on the graphics of BF3. The levelling up is really quick, even quicker if you have prestiged in previous COD games and pick the double XP/double gun XP prestige thingys with your token. Creating a class is complicated though, so many options and no real clue on how to use things but that will be sorted with time.

All in all it's the best game I've played this year. Yes it's MW2.5 for those that can't understand how a successful franchise works but it's still going to be the FPS of 2011 without a shadow of a doubt.

Sadly quickscoping is back and the bellends are camping already, but as soon as people know the maps they will soon get flushed out.

Good summary tbh.

Investigating the PC graphics issue now. Looks like many others are saying the same thing, and it looks like there is a simple menu option that is confusing many users, and results in the game running non-native. I'll update later for any PC gamers having the same issue. Twenty page threads FTL.

Bus w**ker
Just read that if you download and install the free elite app from the marketplace and then register your details you get two hours free double XP. Think it's console only, but not 100% sure.

Update for PC users. Do not have image quality set at anything other than 'Native'. Pretty ridiculous since mine auto detected everything at maximum. You have to 'downgrade' image quality to 'Native' and it looks correct. f**king jokers.

DCi
Update for PC users. Do not have image quality set at anything other than 'Native'. Pretty ridiculous since mine auto detected everything at maximum. You have to 'downgrade' image quality to 'Native' and it looks correct. f**king jokers.
if it looks better what does it matter what that word says?

if it looks better what does it matter what that word says?

The game auto detected everything on max. You're a strange PC enthusiast if you start knocking settings down just for the lols. It's all over the internet mate. Plenty of discussion on it. It's a cockup.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Hahaha!!! WTF!?

You have to laugh - you really do. Otherwise you'd smash your own head in against a brick wall in utter frustration and disgust....

D.

Hahaha!!! WTF!?

You have to laugh - you really do. Otherwise you'd smash your own head in against a brick wall in utter frustration and disgust....

D.

Indeed mate. Pretty funny really. At least the game now looks like I expected it to. Ergo nothing ground breaking but perfectly functional. It's now actually in high res, with plenty of AA & AF. That's all I wanted lol.

DCi
The game auto detected everything on max. You're a strange PC enthusiast if you start knocking settings down just for the lols. It's all over the internet mate. Plenty of discussion on it. It's a cockup.
you know the patch is just going to rename the settings :D

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I have to f**king lol at people who are all like "its just a MW2 map pack" What exactly did you want them to do? They are already pushing the limits of your s**tty 6 year old consoles so the graphics weren't going to get much better and us PC players have to suffer with your s**tty graphics aswell.

They already have 6320 guns and 19 million attachments and yet they've still added in more. They have every MP game mode you could ever want apart from capture and rape Makarovs mum (some of you newbz are so nub you won't even know who Makarov is, play the SP ffs), seriously what did you want? You all f**king moaned that Black Ops wasn't like MW2 and now you're moaning that MW3 is like MW2.

It has a new SP which follows on the story of previous and is actually a pretty good story, maybe if you weren't all such "omgwtfbbq must get rank and prestige coz I have no life" people you might actually enjoy the SP which makes the game worthwhile in its own right instead of b**ching about actually getting what you wanted.

/rant

Mountune Tractor
I have to f**king lol at people who are all like "its just a MW2 map pack" What exactly did you want them to do? They are already pushing the limits of your s**tty 6 year old consoles so the graphics weren't going to get much better and us PC players have to suffer with your s**tty graphics aswell.

They already have 6320 guns and 19 million attachments and yet they've still added in more. They have every MP game mode you could ever want apart from capture and rape Makarovs mum (some of you newbz are so nub you won't even know who Makarov is, play the SP ffs), seriously what did you want? You all f**king moaned that Black Ops wasn't like MW2 and now you're moaning that MW3 is like MW2.

It has a new SP which follows on the story of previous and is actually a pretty good story, maybe if you weren't all such "omgwtfbbq must get rank and prestige coz I have no life" people you might actually enjoy the SP which makes the game worthwhile in its own right instead of b**ching about actually getting what you wanted.

/rant

Yes brother in hearing you. Haters gonna hate.

/rant

PMSL!

LY 182
Hit and miss for me right now. Only got on this afternoon and people already have racked up a decent level and have an advantage. My biggest problem at the mo is enemies UAV's which means I'm fucked lol. But enjoying it. Week or so once the maps are learnt it should be pretty sweet.

Fiesta ST-3
Anyways lets not make this a Console v PC thread.

Thoroughly enjoying everything that's been improved in the game. If I wanted better graphics I would of bough BF3, but I love MW for what it is.

Revels Mum & Sister
Consoles are toys. PCs are machines. Kids play with toys. Men operate machinery.

LOL I love your fishing Roy! As you know I used to be a PC gamer however between work, the female, gym, Push Bike, track days (Now stopped) I no longer have time to spend hours in front of the PC tweaking this and that of which I usually used to pay hardly any attention to.

Console means turn it on, play for 20-30 mins and put down.

I am enjoying the MP at the moment. No Lag at all on the 360 for me. Few campers but not that bad actually. Although I stayed with one group for about 1 hour or so. Level 27 at the moment.

Revels Mum & Sister
The G36C assault rifle if sooo epic its unreal!

Whats everybody elses fav weapons so far?

I am loving the CM901 now I have kick! Bit slower than the M4 at first but now am used to it! I also love the M4. Havent used much else. I also like a cheeky swap to the FMG9 and cooking some fools!