ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Calling BTM exhaust owners!

RS Clio 172 Cup
Correct me if I'm wrong but these are just standard mounts with the rubber bushing removed and a polyurethane block fitted in its place? Seem very expensive for what they are! Just fill a standard one with silicon, worked for me (plenty stiffer)

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Not sure why everyone has issues with Std Mounts tbh, I bought two new ones and they sit perfectly, Scorpion Zorst weighs half as much so will last twice as long in theory.

Lionel Richie
its designed to run a stock mount (buy a vetec one from GSF, cheaper and stronger than OE)

going solid may snap the brackets off the backbox as the exhaust HAS to be allowed to move

RS Clio 172 Cup
its designed to run a stock mount (buy a vetec one from GSF, cheaper and stronger than OE)

going solid may snap the brackets off the backbox as the exhaust HAS to be allowed to move

Agreed, the silicon mod i tried doesn't make the mount solid, just stiffens it up some

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

I disagree, thats why there is a flexi joint at the front, to allow the engine to move and the exhaust to stay still

Lionel Richie
i'll re-phrase, MY exhaust has to be allowed to move

and the movement is more than you think

and with solid mounts the exhaust vibrates the boot floor which makes it horrible to drive due to noise!

Last edited by a moderator: