ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CALLING ICE GURUS

clio 182
completely wrong before I start I apologise if this makes no sence,

Iv got 2 Of these in the correct box made for them, http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/produc ... /4690.html

The amp that I had running them was a focal amp that matched these with the completely wrong RMS output, I cant find this amp anywhere assuming it's discontinued.
I blew the amp by over powering the subs I was told so now I need a new amp to run them, im not to clued up on the rms Oms frequency etc, hence why I'm

Do I need a more powerful amp? Or a matched amo? Do I run 2, 4 Oms bridged or what?.. I have no idea
Also is there better makes around for the price or a few quid here or there,

Ball park figure is around £200-£300

Please help i can't handle the crappy standard set up

Polo + Micra
for a start the link doesn't work

to me it sounds like you was asking too much from your amp and you was lucky it didn't fry your subs before it died.

get the link up of your subs and it should be easy to recommend you an amp

clio 172
for starters a good wiring kit and good earth watts on a amp is its maximum but rms is what to go by realy so 1000 watt speaker may only be 400 rms so get a 350 rms 2 channel sub amp people i know try not to max out the subs so go for something little less powerful and ohlms is the frequency they run on most car systems are 4 im not an expert but this is all to the best of my knowledge

Polo + Micra
for starters a good wiring kit and good earth watts on a amp is its maximum but rms is what to go by realy so 1000 watt speaker may only be 400 rms so get a 350 rms 2 channel sub amp people i know try not to max out the subs so go for something little less powerful and ohlms is the frequency they run on most car systems are 4 im not an expert but this is all to the best of my knowledge

not really you should always have a higher output amp than the thermal power of the speaker/sub

Polo + Micra
this

should be more than enough.

you would need to wire each sub so the voice coils are in series then put each sub on the output of the amp so it shows the amp 4 ohms

clio 182
I had the last set up with each sub powered. Are you the same guy who came to a meet in asda coryton a year or two ago? We all went up over the mountain in Rhondda?

Polo + Micra
probably mate been on here a while lol

yeah that one amp is more than enough to power both subs

Renault Clio 1.6 16V 110
this amp would be perfectly suited to your subs, these are very solid and very reliable amps with a brilliant customer service, future care from car audio direct

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/spl-dynamics-ice800d.html

i myself have 2 of its big bigger brother, the ice-3500d and couldnt be any more happy. if you parallel the coils all together, this will give you a 1 ohm load to pull the 800wrms from the amp.