ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cam belt broken. is it worth anything??

Not been on the forum for a while as my 1.8 16v clio is no more due to a cam belt failure back in January. Anyway i've still got the car and i'm not sure what to do with it. I have replaced it with a fiat coop so its just gathering dust at the side of the house at present.

Anyway im thinking of getting rid of it as the neighbours are complaining and i'm trying to get an idea of the best option. Here's a few details :-

M-REG 1994 Clio 1.8 16v (Black)
113000 miles
Generally reasonable exterior condition. 1 rusty rear arch edge
No leaks inside - Good condition
MOT until August
No Tax.
Wheels ok - Could do with a re-furb
Lots of history and receipts.
FSH upto 85k then looked after by myself.

Its obviously been stood for a whiles so brakes have gone rusty etc but it still rolls so they havent seized.

Would i get anything for it on ebay or would it be better to break it.?
I did originally plan to take the head off and check the damage. Is this a difficult job and how long would it take to checkout?

I'm in the dudley area, West Mids if anyones interested off the forum as i just really need it shifted fairly soon?

Sorry if i posted in the wrong area but any help appreciated.
Mike

Breaking it won't make much plus you've got to strip it plus get rid of the shell although that can be good fun.

A second hand engine not much and assuming you've some tools hire a engine crane for a day and do the swop on a nice weekend. Then sell it on you won't sell it for much but its easier in some ways that breaking.

No more clio's for me!
20 quid ;)

Seriously, engine swap from a willy or another valver would be a nice weekend project.
Good luck fella :)