ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cam belt,O rings, and renault stealers

clio 172 full fat phase 2
Hi all

I bit the bullet and did the cam-belt and aux belt change by myself yesterday and all went well until the aux belt tensioner snapped as i was fitting it. Went and forked out £120 for a new one this morning and fitted it up fine. Bolted all the bits back together and went to start her.

The engine turned over fine but i noticed fuel pissing out from where the line connects to the rail. Took it off and the o rings have both snapped. I have spent all day attempting to try various o ring sizes but none of them are curing the leak.

Rang renault and once again they are totally useless. They struggle to understand what i am asking for. They say that they do not sell the o rings separately and that i need to buy a new fuel feed line at a price of around £40.

Has anyone else had this problem or know of anything i can do to cure it without forking out for a new line? My friend said he had the same issue with his 182 and that he used an o ring from his map sensor, but my map sensor does not have any o rings so this is a no go.

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated. So annoying that after completing the big job, something so small is now stopping me from driving it.

clio 172 full fat phase 2
does anyone know the size of these o rings so i can try and order some im desperate to get the car back on the road