ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cam Belt Quote, £120

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Got a quote off my local garage, he said he'd do the belt for around £120. Is this a reasonable quote or should I look elsewhere.

340i
Sounds too cheap for a garage!? :S

I could recccomend a guy I use, he is based between Alfreton and Shirland.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Is it worth having any other work done whilst I'm having the cambelt changed?

M

mini-valver

Just make sure they put a cambelt KIT on, not just the belt. Maybe a service. up to you and depends entirely on what the car has had done in the past.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
KK buddy, I had it serviced today but didn't think about the cambelt till after I'd had it done which is when I asked him. Thanks x

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I have a receipt for the water pump just before I bought the car last year. So just cambelt kit and aux belt? Cheers

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I have a receipt for the water pump just before I bought the car last year. So just cambelt kit and aux belt? Cheers

id still get it checked, i made the mistake of not checking mine before i put the engine in and its fucked lol, i think for £120 ur only gettin the belt unless they charge less than i do for labour and im cheap :O

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
if its had a water pump last year, it would have had a new belt fitted unless the guy was a complete plank and put the old belt back on.

If your not sure and want piece of mind that its done then go for a cambelt kit and aux belt(s)

ITB'd MK1
pretty decent, just ask to make sure it has a new tensioner too (they're not plastic like the 172 ones so often not replaced if low miles) which should be fairly cheap.