ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cam belt quote!!!

1.4 16v mk2
silly question, how do you know when your cam belt needs replacing?
would you notice a considerable loss of power

silly question, how do you know when your cam belt needs replacing?
would you notice a considerable loss of power

you only know it needs replacing when it's too late... SNAP!

There are no warning signs really, the sensible idea is... you get it done out of precaution slightly earlier than Renault recommend.
5 years or 72k, whichever comes first.

Clio182, Mini Cooper 1275
Bargain!!

Non genuine kit I take it, nothing wrong with them at all.
Make sure he changes the Aux belt as well, you would be suprised at the amount of cambelt changes I have seen without the aux belt change.

Thanks for this matey, it might not be a genuine kit but i didnt think it would matter. I will make sure he does the Aux belt too along with a major service. people seem to be banging on about the right tools but im quite confident as he has done many before! Still I will be checking her in on monday so fingers crossed:approve:

Any votes for or against K Tec? I'm thinking they may be the way to go as I begrudge paying Renault £600ish for the same job tbh.

Clio182, Mini Cooper 1275
£250's about right for a nice PJ. Thats what i charge people to do them. To do it quickly, it takes about 2 hours on a full fat, 1 hour on a cup! Change the aux belts at the same time, as said already, its been removed to fit the other parts!! Special tools are critical to these engines as even a couple degree's can cause 10bhp out of the mid range!

Oh and dont forget the camhaft end cap's!!

This is all good to know, thank you. i will certainly have the lot done and although im confident I will make sure he has the right tools to do the job. it will come with a guarantee and i will check what this covers just in case

Thanks again

Clio 182, CBR600RR
Thanks 4 the info guys mine is booked in 4 friday at K tec now not far from me only 348mile round trip! Lol worth it though at that price an knowing they have the genuine tools an that! Just hope it dont snap on the way down!

SG9 Forester STi
Thanks 4 the info guys mine is booked in 4 friday at K tec now not far from me only 348mile round trip! Lol worth it though at that price an knowing they have the genuine tools an that! Just hope it dont snap on the way down!

Cor, that's quite a way!

EDIT: Just realised it's a 278mile round trip when I go for mine.

Clio 182, CBR600RR
Cor, that's quite a way!

EDIT: Just realised it's a 278mile round trip when I go for mine.

Yeh worth it though! Not sure what im doin 4 the day while im down there!? or if i should stay over an have a night on the tiles somewhere down south b4 returnin home if i can get a few m8s involved lol

Ph1
you can't actually be considering spending £750 on a cambelt change, surely?

Why whats wrong with that?

Thats including water pump at 70 quid and dephaser at £125 area.

Pretty good deal considering Birchdown is only 45 quid cheaper