ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cam belt

iceburg 172
was driving the other day and my cam belt tensioner has perrished away causing the cam belt to slip and knock the timing out.....

sooo any idea how much im looking at for new tensioners, cam belt and labour?

££££?
cheers Dean

TeZ

Non RS : (
I wouldnt bet on it, Have you had it checked out dude?

But cam belt tensioners and labour will be about £300 private i would say, not sure on renaults prices.

TeZ

Non RS : (
Try

Barry Plant and sons Garage.
01869 322234 - Victoria Rd, Bicester, Oxfordshire OX26 6PB victoria road

Neil knows how to do it and Should give you a good price.

say james off cliosport sent you.

Integra Type-R DC2
Just bought the cam belt replacement kit from Reno, £90. Not sure that has everything though...

Lionel Richie
cambelt kit is £150
aux belt kit is £107

special tools are required

your clyinder head will be damaged

you're looking at about £1K bill unfortunatley in total by the time the head is repaired

oh and you need new cam seals and new head bolts and gasket set

clio 172 exclusive n
ouch for this guy
hope it turns out not so bad mate i get worried about this happending to my clio 172

iceburg 172
well jobe done..
was verry lucky as there were no damage to valves ect. so was just a case of changing the cam belt and tensioners,
charged me £110 which i thought was a good price:)

iceburg 172
was a mobile mechanic from swindon, family always use him he always gives good prices and is verry good at what he does.

S3, HD Nightster
This happened to me on my 106 xsi... was lucky enough that the belt didn't jump any teeth, just went horribly loose. No other damage.