ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cam belts on 172

Clio 172 Monaco blue
What's the recommended mileage to get the belts, aux, and dephaser changed at upto 120k? I know I need mine doing and unsure of when last was done due to previous dipstick not declaring all info, just get the feeling I'm on borrowed time!!!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Cam belt, 72k or 5 year's which ever comes sooner.

Aux belt kit, 36k or 3 year's.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
5 years or 72k on the cambelt

3 years or 36k for the aux belt (some people will argue 5 years)

dephaser is as required

Clio 172 Monaco blue
Sorry am being blonde and tired lol, it's only Tuesday as well Ffs, is that every 72k for the cambelt and every 36k for the aux?

Clio 172 Monaco blue
Cool, got it :) lol
best I get saving then! I just don't get why no one wouldn't keep history when owning a car!! Defies logic surely?

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Cool, got it :) lol
best I get saving then! I just don't get why no one wouldn't keep history when owning a car!! Defies logic surely?

I bought a one owner from a family friend. When I asked for history he said he didn't like clutter so just kept the recent stuff. If I didn't know the car I'd of walked away.. it was perfect though :)

Clio 172 Monaco blue
I bought a one owner from a family friend. When I asked for history he said he didn't like clutter so just kept the recent stuff. If I didn't know the car I'd of walked away.. it was perfect though :)
Haha that's priceless!! Didn't like clutter, what in a wallet tucked away somewhere!! Best I've heard:) thanks for sharing that

182 Cup, DC2, E500
I've had about 73 cars now and I'm really really fussy with them.

I've bought lots of 1 owner cars, and it also really annoys me when I go to see a car where the owner has decided to throw away all receipts/MOT's etc from new because they didn't think they needed to keep them and that the stamps in the book were enough! WTF?!

I keep everything, literally everything with a time, date and mileage listed on all part changes.

My Integra DC2 which I bought from the first owner has everything from new, I mean everything including the original purchase invoice. My Mercedes is also the same! And, to be honest, my Clio 182 isn't far off!!