ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cambelt change

My 1.6 16v is due for a cambelt change soon. I havent got round to phoning Renault yet, but does anyone know roughly how much it will cost.

I had a look on dialogsys and it looks quite complex, what with removing an engine mount etc. My local garage that I use for servicing wont do it as they dont have the proper tools to re setup the timing, so it looks as if I am going to be ripped off by Renault prices.:(

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

oh doesnt matter then,to far away to help. looks like renault then. dealer could charge up to £400 depending on what their labour rate is.

Quote: Originally posted by Smokey on 13 May 2004

But if your willing to travel to derby Hill Power do it for approx £140

Nick just priced me a cambelt (inc tensioner & idler change) at £264 fitted. Called Prima: £550. Yeh whatever!!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

I strongly recomend Nick at Hill Power (as every one does).

He did mine for £200 less than anyone else.

If youre looking at £400 in Ayr, then it might be worth the drive down. Get a nice drive down and you get your car done by a completely sound guy who doesnt rip people off, and has been working on Renaults for ages....