ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cammed 1.2 8v

Clio mk2 phase 1
Not quite as quick as a clio sport but still puts a smile on my face. Here is a test run of my 1.2 8v clio after its remap with the new cams, it also has a lightened balanced flywheel with a uprated clutch which can make it a pain to drive in stop start traffic.

53 Clio's & counting
being an 8v it will only have one cam mate.

looks like it made a difference, has it effected insurance much?

Clio mk2 phase 1
being an 8v it will only have one cam mate.

looks like it made a difference, has it effected insurance much?
Yea well spotted that was just my describing error
Looks nippy for a 1.2, any idea of power gained?
Uprated clutch is a bit needless as people have said though.
Not sure exactly how much power has been gained but I would like to hope its in the late 90s or early 100 brake horse power. The engine is a D7F so it started with 60bhp back in 1999

Nearly a 100% gain from cams and a remap ?

Wow.

60 to 100 is a 66% gain. If you're going to ridicule at least get the maths right. Perhaps you were just overestimating as much as the OP is? Lol

To the OP. Everyone starts somewhere and it's great that you're playing with what you have. Makes a change to see something different and as long as you are happy with it that's all that matters. Any plans for the future?

53 Clio's & counting
Not knocking what you're doing mate, but as said It can't have gained that much from a camshaft - if it had say 60 bhp to start you will probably be looking at 70-75 bhp depending on cam profile.

Also you said it was remapped but has not been on the rollers - was it a custom map or was it just a gineric reflash?

As it will cost more but you will get better gains from a custom map as I'd be suprised if anyone retails a map for the 1.2 with uprated cam.

Just remember to draw the line when it becomes expensive - you don't want to be spending out a ton of money and then realise you could have bought and insured a 172/182 for less than your tuned 1.1.2 and you would have better spec with the 172 and better mpg to boot

Last edited:

James Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Williams 3 / 172 Cup
Not bad at all, I made that 8.5 0-60, that's pretty damn impressive for a 1.2 8v. Good work!