ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cams, how to tell

ppl,

another question, any tell tell signs of cams being changed in ure car ? ive had mine a few months, and it has gone thru about 6 owners previous. thigns have been done that i havent got receipts for (e.g. exhast and de-cat)
from looking at the cams, can u tell if they are diff from standard ? i looked at mine yesterday, and they have 2 rows of dots on them on one end, which someone told me shows how the pulleys should be aligned by compared to factory standard ?

ive also got what seems to be some kind of hard resin that has dribbled down on the seam that it just below the cams, does this have to be removed to get at the cams ?

i want to get it on a rolling road, but the only place ive tried near me said they would have to have 1 1/2 months notice !!

cheers

BMW 320d Sport

Where are you? Near me in Essex, theres places that can get you in for the next weekend.

To tell whether its an aftermarket cam youd need to get it out and measure it.

unfortunately im in taunton, somserset, and here nothing seems to be around.

i was hoping it wouldnt have come to that, but do u know what the standard should be ? (just kick me if its in the haynes manual or summat)