ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cams remap and manifold 182

titanium 182,
could some kind person with these mods done, let me have a drive to see whether i want to spend the money on my car, not interested in peeps oppinions that dont have these parts fitted !!! i will be fitting the parts myself if i think its worthwile. just cant stand gutless untill 5000 rpm anymore. not enough midrange for me.. love the car just hate the power delivery and no before you all staryou should get a ctr etc im not interested thanks

cup 182 mit stripes
Some guys on ClioTrophy.co have had the Angelworks drive in/out cams ect, and seem happy with results.

80MPG BEEZA
i just had my inlets done and get my car back tommorow with manifold and decat on properly so i can tell you what thats like cams and remap will make a good difference to see you to around 200bhp possibly

182 inside
I'm having my inlet manifold matched and fitting piper cams next week. I'll let you know how good they are.

80MPG BEEZA
andy at gdi? i was going to go to yozza for shricks and omex to later upgrade to ITB's but im curious wether i could get nos and itb's

cup 182 mit stripes
You're a bit like a kid let loose in a candy shop lol. I'd say get it all done at the one location.

80MPG BEEZA
well i've met fred and spoke online quite abit seems like a good lad who i trust i prefer getting work off people i kind of know, like the guy who's finishing off shortning my exhuast im picking my car up from his house tommorow not the garage as i finish work late and he knocked an hours labour off my bill so i wasnt skint for the week, kinda good as i give him tips most times i their

Clio 182
I've got Cams, manifold match, itg panel filter, prospeed exhaust and SMT chip. When I had it done I found the power delivery much more smoother and pick up was so much better. Trouble is I've had them so long now I don't remember what a standard 182 feels like. I do remember always being disapointed with the 182 performance before the 5000 RPM 'kick'

cup 182 mit stripes
Hi S77!
Are you still happy with your conversion after a few months?

I think this type of exchange of information is invaluable for people considering spending large amounts of dosh on tuning.

In all I'm very happy. The car is still significately quicker than any standard 1*2 and the conversion work hasn't caused me any headaces so I can't be anything other than completely satisfied.

cup 182 mit stripes
Nice to hear that, S77. That Kimbolton place is a wee island of Renault owners tuning dreams. Talk about tuning wars. One of them should re-locate to Scotland. lol

Why do you sound slightly defensive?

Becuase, as one member has already found I personally wouldn't recommend doing it, In the long run its just cheaper to buy a faster car. Its all very well having a Clio with 'x' bhp, but its only a Clio.

cup 182 mit stripes
''buy a faster car, cos it's cheaper than a Clio'' that's an opinion I dont really subscribe to. What faster car do you have in mind, and what's your budget?
In the Clio you have the basis for all the thrills you could possibly want, two litre mill, great handling, It's not a clitoris, but it is small and claustrophobic, which all adds to the impression of speed,which is good.

Tell you the truth, S77, I'm a bit disappointed in you. You've let the Clio side down.

Monaco Blue 172
I've got Cams, manifold match, itg panel filter, prospeed exhaust and SMT chip. When I had it done I found the power delivery much more smoother and pick up was so much better. Trouble is I've had them so long now I don't remember what a standard 182 feels like. I do remember always being disapointed with the 182 performance before the 5000 RPM 'kick'
what's a manifold match involve?

also, which of these mods did u declare on ur insurance and how much did it affect ur premium? i'm already paying £600 a yr as it is :dapprove:

''buy a faster car, cos it's cheaper than a Clio'' that's an opinion I dont really subscribe to. What faster car do you have in mind, and what's your budget?
In the Clio you have the basis for all the thrills you could possibly want, two litre mill, great handling, It's not a clitoris, but it is small and claustrophobic, which all adds to the impression of speed,which is good.

Tell you the truth, S77, I'm a bit disappointed in you. You've let the Clio side down.

He has a point though, for the cost of a Ph2 172 and mods to get it to 200bhp you could easily just go out and buy an Impreza STI or Evo and do a couple of light mods and have 300+ bhp and it would be significantly faster than 95% of Clio's.

It's down to personal preference, I'm sure at the time Chris wanted the Clio to be quicker and didn't fancy a different car, but as situations change so do needs. Personally I'll be keeping mine till it's just a patch of rust and re-house the engine, but if it wasn't as quick as it was already I'd be getting rid and buying a Scooby/Evo/GT4

cup 182 mit stripes
A bog standard Evo 8 260 is disappointing to drive performance wise. An cousin bought one, 23k and free servicing. He's got it up to 350bhp now, and still not happy.lol Also if you do normal mileage they cost arm and leg to run.

yeah that sounds more down to his personal take on what's quick though as a 350bhp Evo can't be considered anything other than frantic or mental to 'most' people.

I'd say mines as quick as a 320-340bhp Evo and when the foot is down petrol costs will probably be similar... other running costs are probably balanced out as insurance is double on the Clio over what an Evo would cost... for some reason...