ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can’t fix ABS and Serv

clio i think
Hey guys,
So I’ve had the issue for a couple months now, the ABS and serv light is constantly on
I’ve had it diagnosed and was driver side ABS sensor
I sourced a new working hub with new ABS sensor installed and I’m still getting the error
Is this an ECU problem or is there something else that could be wrong?

799007dd3f71cb030e694bc401cdea5c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clio i think
Hey guys,
So I’ve had the issue for a couple months now, the ABS and serv light is constantly on
I’ve had it diagnosed and was driver side ABS sensor
I sourced a new working hub with new ABS sensor installed and had it fitted but I’m still getting the error
Is this an ECU problem or is there something else that could be wrong?

799007dd3f71cb030e694bc401cdea5c.jpg

clio i think
Was from when the front passenger bearing was changed. And garage noticed that driver side driveshaft needed replacing, which was replaced. Happened soon after that, but could also be conincidence?

clio i think
Was on a friends diagnostic machine where we picked up the fault. Then also has a rstuner which also picked up the fault

PH2 172
Was from when the front passenger bearing was changed. And garage noticed that driver side driveshaft needed replacing, which was replaced. Happened soon after that, but could also be conincidence?
Code readers generally do not return results in terms of passenger & drivers side.
ABS sensors are easily damaged when changing front wheel bearings.
Describing used parts as new is not really helpful either.

Reactions: Gus

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
If you have the fault code then you will know what the problem is,
The new hub you fitted might also have a faulty sensor,

My rear left sensor current thinks my car is doing 2025 mph it doesn't show a fault but my cruise won't go on been meaning to change it for a year lol

clio i think
it wasn't a Renault clip, I guess just a universal diagnostic machine. if anyone local to London/Essex can help me point out my fault that'll be great
just don't want to take it to the garage and let them rip my arm off if a broken sensor or something cheap

PH2 172

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Find someone breaking a 172 on here and get the sensor with stub axle included. Just a straight swap then.

Can be a pig to get the old sensor out and new one in.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
6000073527 or 7659430 is the part numbers for the one I'm after

Last edited:

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Think it's because some have esp and some don't and I think because the sports have rear discs

So normal Clio no esp
Normal Clio with esp
Sport with abs
Sport with abs and esp

PH2 172
Think it's because some have esp and some don't and I think because the sports have rear discs

So normal Clio no esp
Normal Clio with esp
Sport with abs
Sport with abs and esp

That`s just guessing & probably not correct, as there are 4 different sensors listed for both front & rear sport discs.
I will try & get the facts.
What annoys me is that Renault are asking £100 + for something with less tech than a scalextrics car.

clio i think
I did get a replacement ABS sensor but I’ve not used it as the new hub had a working sensor on there.
I got the Bosch one which was the same part number as the Renault one, for sale as no need actually

PH2 172
I did get a replacement ABS sensor but I’ve not used it as the new hub had a working sensor on there.
I got the Bosch one which was the same part number as the Renault one, for sale as no need actually

What is the part number of the Bosch sensor you have not fitted, but intend to sell on?

Either the Bosch or Renault number will do.

The replacement hub had a sensor with a male or female connection to the loom under the wheel arch?

Which Clio model do you have as that has not been established to date?

PH2 172

I got a 2005 clio 182FF

Ok, thanks.

When the right hand drive shaft was replaced, was it double checked that the shaft had the 15mm wide ABS ring, which is the correct one for the 60mm spaced Cup pack hub, and not the standard 7.5mm?

With regards the abs sensor you have, 7700411747, it will have a 2 pin round female connector.
Can you confirm that this is the connection on the car, and not a more rectangular connector?

Attachments

• ABS SENSOR BOSCH 0265 006 383 7700411747.jpg
    ABS SENSOR BOSCH 0265 006 383 7700411747.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 74