ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can’t Use My New 182 For 3 Mths!

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

All insurance companies are asking if im the registered keeper and with it being a pre-reg 182 im not.

Correct me if im wrong though anyone as i cant do sh!t with my new 182:(

Spoke to the broker i got it off, they said say you are the registered keeper! ( im not tho)

Apparently i will be in 3 months time the broker said.

Also should i have a V5/logbook yet?

Btw im so confused its starting to p!ss me right off:devilish:

If anyone, ANYONE can shed any light on this ill be grateful.

Thanks guys.

Leo.

172, Tiguan

WHAT!!!!!

If you own the car you are the registered keeper. Who else would it be?????

Your V5 log book will be with you within a couple of weeks.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Exactly my thoughts jon.

That means you pay the money, but dont legally own the car?!?!? WTF??!!??

Renault Laguna Coupe

could always call dvla and ask whether youre the registered keeper. Lots of people buy these pre-reg cars - it cant be that complicated. V5 does take a couple of weeks to come.

Skoda Fabia vRS

they do this to get em cheap apparently ?

i dont know many details but this is what i have heard, request the V5 document from the dealer ASAP.......tell them its urgent for your insurance...

Lee

BMW M2C

I dont think hell be seeing his V5 until they transfer ownership over. Thats the whole problem, they actually own the car on paper until the 3 months is up by the sounds of things.

Renault Laguna Coupe

They can own it but that doesnt stop him being the registered keeper. When you buy a car on HP or lease the HP company owns it but youre the keeper.

172, Tiguan

SO how is he meant to use his car if its theirs for 3 months?? Surely they must have an answer.

Lee

BMW M2C

Ah. That sort of makes sense. So it could just be that the change of registered keeper hasnt gone through?

172, Tiguan

Yes owner and registered keeper is a different thing.

Everybody who has their car on finance doesnt "own" their car.

dk

911 GTS Cab

i have being saying this for ages on the pre-reg thing, it brings so many complications, people dont know enough about what they are getting and just see the money they are apparently saving.

For insurance though, I would just say you are the registered owner and worry about it if anything happens within the 3 months to require you to prove it.

Good luck

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 03 September 2004

Another thing, if the broker remained the registered keeper theyd get all your NIPs!
does that involve a plastic surgery bill?;)

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 03 September 2004

Another thing, if the broker remained the registered keeper theyd get all your NIPs!
does that involve a plastic surgery bill?;)
No, just a cheap balaclava from the Army and Navy. :D

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

My head is spinning guys, im fckin stressing out by the minute here:(

This is what i want to do.

Ive payed for the car, but i want my girlfriend to be the registered keeper for insurance purposes.

Is this possible or im i the reg. keeper or is the broker??? i havent i fookin clue here :mad:

Speeding tickets etc will be going to them then.

They want their cake and eat it grrrrrrrr

They should be writing to the DVLA on sale of the car to notify them that you are the new registered keeper. This is their problem. Get them to deal with it.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Quote: Originally posted by Jason C on 03 September 2004
They should be writing to the DVLA on sale of the car to notify them that you are the new registered keeper. This is their problem. Get them to deal with it.

Ok i will, ring them again BUT will it be possible to have my girlfriends details as the registered keeper?

Its pretty crucial as too weather i keep my 182!

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

theres lots of stuff at http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/vehicles.htmhttp://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/vehicles.htm but basically you need the V5 before you can change the registered keeper. You could give them a call and report it lost to see whether that speeds things up I suppose.

Cheers mike, ill take a look at that link.

Im guessing they wont have gave me details to the DVLA yet to be the 2nd owner as they cant for another 3 months.

So with a bit of luck i can get them to say my girlfriends the registered keeper and it will be legit.

Skoda Fabia vRS

who paid for the car, your girlfriend or you ?

whose name/account is the HP agreement in ?

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped

Quote: Originally posted by BRUN on 03 September 2004
who paid for the car, your girlfriend or you ?whose name/account is the HP agreement in ?

Me in the form of a bankers draft.

Anyway! did i mention it doesnt matter now:D

Im covered!! me, main driver aswell quality im well chuft.

Rang Norwich Union Dirct up and got a quote for £1,500! its still quite alot but thats the sort of figure id imagined:)

They were doing some introductory offer of 40% odd off!

Everyone one else was quoting me 2.5K plus.

Im over the moon with that, thumds up to Norwich Union Direct:D

I had this deal on my 182, basically the car has to be kept registered and on the dealers book for 3 months, therefore this saves them some money as it has some affect on the tax, not quite sure how. Once the three months is up they should send the log book off and change the registered keeper to your name, therefore when you get the log book back, it will have two previous owners your self and the dealer. As for the insurance all i did was phone the insurance company and told them i wasnt the registered keeper, i was told that this didnt matter as long as the car was going into my name eventually. This is with Direct Line, i find that they are the cheapest for me, as for putting the car in your girl friends name i wouldnt have thought that would be a problem as the garage should put it in who evers name you want it shouldnt matter who paid for it.

Hope this helps.

Is not always down to tax. Dealers buy cars on demo plans at a cheaper price. They need to keep them for 3 months before sale. Therefore no V5 is transfered untill that date. Ive bought a couple of cars this way

Jonathan