ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can anybody help me plz?

Hey, i have just bought a set of 4 neons to be fitted underneath my clio, there are 2 for the sides and the 1 at back and 1 at front. Only thing is i not sure how i go about fitting them as i wanting to try do them personally rather than going to a car place to get them fitted.

Has any got a guide/advice telling me how to fit them.

Hope you can help me,

Cheers

I've got a guide

Lift lid

Place in bin

Replace lid

bin_270.jpg

182 and 5 GTT
try to pm nightfire or rhino_16v. think both of them had/have them. Wouldnt bother though personally. Look crap and draw unwanted attention to the car

ok thanks for help, well those of you who were sensible, i didnt ask for opinions just some help on how to fit them,

Full Fat 182 - Was..
Hay back off you lot, Cliolass asked for legitimate help, not to be ridiculed by you lot! that’s why this forum still sucks, may have changed its looks but the attitudes are still here... leopard and spots ring any bells?

Its her choice to do what she wants with her car, if you don't like it then don’t do it to yours, simple its called choice. And a lot of members on here can't really talk anyway with their chaved up 1.2's and sportalikes!

What sort of voltage etc do they require? Do you need/ do you have an adapter to convered the car battery power to run the lights or can you get away with using the cigarette lighter to power then.
Regards fitment it depends where you want to mount them I'd personally be tempted to make sure they were in some clear strong plastic tubes so stones etc don't smash them.
At the front I'd mount them down by your splitter and attach them to the fornt bumper depending on what Mk Clio you have will depend how you end up fitting them. To wire them in I'd go up through the engine bay and then to through the bumg used for the car electric wiring.
At the back I'd use the inside of the back bumper and trail the wies into the car via the wiring for the rear lights bung hole.
On the sides assuming you don't have a sport model might be more difficult if you have a sport model you might have been able to look into cutting the side skirts and sticking them up inside them. If you don't have a Renault sport model them your best bet is to stick them in the inside of the thin metal strip at the bottom of the car then drill and attch them to that on the inside but make you you seal it up like mad to stop any rust appearing in the holes you've made.
Personally if I was to do it I'd make sure that the whole side of the car was lit rarther than 1/2 the side and the front and back were done as it would look a lot more profeshional.
Don't take anyone coments the wrong way there a lot of people on here who are more dedicated to the performance side of Clio ownership rarther than the looks. There are some people who still want to spend money on making the car look the way they want however there more of a minority.

Last edited:
  E60 diesel powah
James 182 said:
Hay back off you lot, Cliolass asked for legitimate help, not to be ridiculed by you lot! that’s why this forum still sucks, may have changed its looks but the attitudes are still here... leopard and spots ring any bells?

Its her choice to do what she wants with her car, if you don't like it then don’t do it to yours, simple its called choice. And a lot of members on here can't really talk anyway with their chaved up 1.2's and sportalikes!

hows a 1.2sport look a like chavy? u must be a chav havin the proper one?

1998 BMW e46 323i
dutty - the definition of a chav, according to the OED is:

'a young lower-class person typified by brash and loutish behaviour and the wearing of [real or imitation] designer clothes'.

I do agree with some of the above comments though, while I'm not blameless, this forum does need to be more heavily monitored. Comments that are racist, degrading to those of a homosexual disposition or glorify speeding should be addressed in my book.

Perhaps, if modulators are unwilling to censor threads WE should self regulate.

John

James 182 said:

Its her choice to do what she wants with her car, if you don't like it then don’t do it to yours, simple its called choice. And a lot of members on here can't really talk anyway with their chaved up 1.2's and sportalikes![/QUOTE]

:rofl: Ok mate

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
..if you dont have anything helpful or constructive to say about somebodys post/question then dont bother eh, simple

Full Fat 182 - Was..
i can assure you all i'm not a chav, and my 182 is a fine example of a stock 182 with minor perfromance mods here and there to iron out a few things that renault should have done when they designed it.

i'm not like the little t**t in the petrol station that tried to convince me his 1.2 with all they body kit on was a 172 with a SUNROOF! mines the real deal. If he'd siad i've modded my little car up to be a sportalike then that would have been fine with me, but to try and convince me its a sport! i just find that insulting.

i totaly agree with Haitch "..if you dont have anything helpful or constructive to say about somebodys post/question then dont bother eh, simple"

But i'll stick up for people that are being unduly picked on too

Full Fat 182 - Was..
cheers boys, does look like i might have to go the way of the drill tho... just wanted to try one out coz if it doesn't change what i want it to then i'll be taking it back out and didnt want to leave a load of holes in my turret tops

E60 diesel powah
James 182 said:
i can assure you all i'm not a chav, and my 182 is a fine example of a stock 182 with minor perfromance mods here and there to iron out a few things that renault should have done when they designed it.

i'm not like the little tw*t in the petrol station that tried to convince me his 1.2 with all they body kit on was a 172 with a SUNROOF! mines the real deal. If he'd siad i've modded my little car up to be a sportalike then that would have been fine with me, but to try and convince me its a sport! i just find that insulting.

i totaly agree with Haitch "..if you dont have anything helpful or constructive to say about somebodys post/question then dont bother eh, simple"

But i'll stick up for people that are being unduly picked on too

so basically ur callin people who do ther car up like a 172 lookalike tw*ts? LOL i think i mite put lexus lights n a bodykit on mine now!!

"A fine example of a 172 with a few monor performance mods renault should have done"

Hang on!!!

Renault pay loads of peoepl with loads of fancy letters after their names to make their cars go fast, if they put an enclosed airbox on there, i recon its on there for a reason.

Its a DISCUSSION forum, we are entitled to EXPRESS our opinion, if you don't want people opininos, then don't post it on a PUBLIC forum, so according to you we can only comment on something if we really like it, and think its the best thing since sliced bread???

For teh record i hate mk2 clios, i think they look s**t and girly........sorry i'm picking on the majority of the users of this site, i'm a bad bad boy and shoudl be banned

I think its great that this forum has a load of people who enjoy performance from there cars like I do over exterier modification. However I don't have anything agianst people who do put neons etc on there car its your car you do what you like to it if its not to my taste but I can offer advice then I'll help people.

What I don't understand is why people have started having a go at Cliolass who never at any point asked if we like this rarther asking if we could help her trying to install the lights on her own. Ok if you don't like neon on a car so what, this should have been a thread about instalation of neons not a discusion on how well we can **** off each other.

PS In my mind a Chav is Council House And Violent. There are a load of "chavs" round where I live (well what many on the forum would call chavs) and there no problem nice people from all my experiances the same cannot be said for a great other number of local other driver driving none "chav" cars.

I would just hope we havn't gone and lost another member and further our repuation to outcast and **** off other people who wish to modify there cars in other ways than just performance. I'd hope we could try and show to other people that even though we either don't know about neon instalation or have any experiance will can still offer practical advice.
I'd imagine this thread will get cleaned up soon which is annoying as I've going to have wasted my time writing all this.

thanks to the people who are helpful and being nice about things, i do understand what you are saying i never asked for peoples opinions and quite frankly i never will on this forum again cuz all i get is abuse. i am on some other forums and people are interested in my car and ideas i have, they dont just call me a chav and say see ya later.

Why is there so much hate on this forum i really dont understand it people do have their own opinions and if i dont like something i dont go slagging off someones hard work and money thet they have spent, i have had this arguement so many times on here and its beginning to be a broken record now, so i will just say one thing i am proud of my car and the things i do to it and wont be asking no more advice.

You should all grow up and learn to get along with each other,