ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can anyone help me take apart ph2 headlamps??

1.2 daily +172 ph1
Hi all im hopping someone can help.

Basically Im trying to run ph1 loom to a ph2 headlights totally different connexion e.x
The only way I can see around this is by connecting straight to the connexion of bulbs but to do this I need to take my ph2 headlamps apart any advice ? Thanks

1.2 daily +172 ph1
Basically I have a project car which has been going. On for some time I Have come to a. Little problem with the connexions. As. I'm running full ph1 sport engine and loom in a ph2. Shell.

As ph1. Head lamps and. Connexions to bulbs are all individual wear as. The ph2 has one connexion the same for only the main head light and. The rest of the loom won't connect so how can I get around. This ??

Do you know which wire does what on the connectors? If so splice the connector off, crimp the ends of the wires and connect to each bulb individually. If not get a voltmetre and check each wire which become live with the stalk is twisted and make a note of which wire becomes live at which point on the light stalk.

Nick

1.2 daily +172 ph1
Thanks nick

I don't want to have to take the head lamp apart for this.
I can get straight to the connectores on all bulbs apart from indicator which the wires are hidden to this.

I am abut of. A noob to electrical sides struggled with all my. Interior wiring loom but. I got the. In the end. I'll take pics off all connectors and loom to the ph1 and upload them for. Help.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I am 90% sure you're making this too difficult. Go to a breakers, cut off all of the headlight connections for a mk2 ph2 (non sport should work I believe).

The ph1 sport has the following bulbs in the "light unit"

Side light
Dipped beam
Main beam
Indicator

The ph2 light has EXACTLY the same four bulbs (no dual filaments or similar).

SO, with this in mind, surely each bulb only takes two wires.

Get the wires that come off of the ph1 loom to the connector, cut them off, join them to the wires from a ph2 connector (from a scrappy).

Done?

1.2 daily +172 ph1
I have all the ph 1 loom in place in the mk2 shell and is all up and running.
I have a though things getting in my way And headlamps wiring is one but I'm going to give it a go anyway will take pics to show progress.