ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can anyone remap a clio cup race car ecu ?

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
Thinking ahead I want to build a good spec engine on throttle bodies for my rally car , does anyone know if anyone can remap the race car ECU ?
I would rather keep the system on my car otherwise I will have to change the dash as well , would work out a lot easier and cheaper if I could just find someone who could map the Magneti Marrelli ecu
Cheers Ian

Clio Cup Racer
It is a lot of hassle if you move away from the standard ecu but the end result is you can map the car.

Wouldnt have thought it would be possible - its a sealed unit. No connector port or anything.

Astra (H) VXR
I went to a place in Lancaster and the standard ecu can be remapped but the reckon it will only get you 3 or 4 bhp extra. That's on a 172 ph2.

172 Race Car
^ hes on about the Cup cars Marreli ecu. not the road car one.

Ive not seen anyone stick with the stock ecu when foing to boddies on them. Im guessing they use the map sensor for load so wont work with itbs.

If the dash runs off CAN then something like the EC1R would be able to run the dash. But a Dash4pro is only £400 so not a massive expense on top of the ecu, boddies and engine build. Give TDf a ring, Matt knows a lot about the elceronics pack on these cars

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
These things are getting so cheap now... I was gonna buy the Dash2 which is only £100 more but after seeing the Dash4 I'm sold.

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Basically you can't do it without the original equipment that mapped the ECU. I've spoken to TDF and a even marelli uk and its just easier to go aftermarket.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Which Mageneti Marelli ECU actually is it?

If its the L8 like fitted into a cossie etc, then they are relatively easy to remap with an emulator.