ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can i get away with just the aux belt change

Monaco 172
Im getting the cambelt on my car changed soon and ive seen that its best to get the aux belt done too, but can i just get away with the aux belt or do i need the aux belt kit £££ ?

I've read on here that you can keep the tensioner if it looks in good condition? Personally I'd replace the tensioner anyway, because you're going to feel ill if it goes two months down the line, takes out the aux belt, the cam belt, and a few valves.

RB + LY 182 FF
both of mine was fitted in dec 08 and from the sounds of it the belt is slipping i have been told the tensioner is no good for the belt, whether tht means the belt is crap or the tensioner needs changing i aint sure, im waiting to get the kit and re-doing it all.

Dodgy one
^^ Sounds like the belts too long TBH the belts are blody tight when under tension,

FTR i fitted a new belt to mine, left orig tensioners etc as the belt was cracking but if the cambelt is getting done at the same time get the full kit, It wont last another 36k. I did a quick job on mine as nothing is wrong with whats fitted and it'l all be coming off in a few months time for the cambelt kit so the full lot will be done