ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can i put an amp in the engine ?

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
Can i put my car sub amplifier in the engine bay ? just a question ?

as i don't want to put one inside the new car !!

A slow one :-(
Eh... if you need your bootspace what on earth are you going to be amping up?

Could always wack it under a seat and get a fan onto it!

K20 EG Hatch
Under one of the seats?
Its not like amp's are massive though, mount it to the back of the rear seats!?

TVR Cerbera
Can i put my car sub amplifier in the engine bay ? just a question ?

as i don't want to put one inside the new car !!

simple answer, no.

if for whatever reason you don't want the amp in the boot, either don't have it and get a decent stereo or under front seat as said already.

ITB BG 182
ive herd some daft things in my time but this just takes the biscuit, imagine showing some one your engine bay?

R35 GTR
Don't want to discount the obvious daftness of the question, but it would be possible.

Ambient temperature in the boot would be say 10°C? In the engine bay this would be nearer 80°C. You just need to find an amplifier that can handle the higher ambient temperature. The components inside the amp will have a temperature limit. The temperature rise of these components over the ambient temperature will mostly be directly proportional to the power output of the amp.

So the lower power you are pushing out of the amp then the lower the temperature rise of the components and the more chance you have of siting it in the engine bay.

So if the temperature limit of the components is higher than engine bay ambient temperature then there is a very slight possibility of doing it.

If the temperature limit is less than 80°C then you have no chance.

You could look at installing a water jacket, pump and external cooler if you want to have a go.

But grow up lad stop asking stupid questions!;)

ITB BG 182
Don't want to discount the obvious daftness of the question, but it would be possible.

Ambient temperature in the boot would be say 10°C? In the engine bay this would be nearer 80°C. You just need to find an amplifier that can handle the higher ambient temperature. The components inside the amp will have a temperature limit. The temperature rise of these components over the ambient temperature will mostly be directly proportional to the power output of the amp.

So the lower power you are pushing out of the amp then the lower the temperature rise of the components and the more chance you have of siting it in the engine bay.

So if the temperature limit of the components is higher than engine bay ambient temperature then there is a very slight possibility of doing it.

If the temperature limit is less than 80°C then you have no chance.

You could look at installing a water jacket, pump and external cooler if you want to have a go.

But grow up lad stop asking stupid questions!;)
Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer. Put it under a seat ffs