ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can RENAULT take my car home

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

Car is in with Renault at the moment with a faulty ongoing problem with one of my xenon lamps.

Anyway the service desk just phoned me and told me they had found a faulty conection but the only way they could really test it was to drive it at night, so would i mind if one of there technicians took it home tonight to test it!?

I told them i didnt really like that idea and that surely i can test it!?

Have i been unfair or would you guys have done the same?

My car is quite important to me and i just dont like the idea of some tom, dick or harry taking my car home or out for the evening!?

Clio 200

You did the right thing, No way would I let anyone i didnt know take my car home for the night.

You might be lucky and get someone that actually valued the car,but 99 times out of ten theyd be wheelspinning it all the way home.

Surely they could just leave the lights on and wiggle the offending connection?

[Edited by hyby on 8/18/2005 2:57:35 PM]

No way would i let those monkeys take my cxar home.

Didnt someone on here have there car written off by a monkey driving it on some industrial estate?

S

Scott182

I think you should test the car yourself fella,i wouldnt let any one i didnt know take either of our cars...

You dont know if there just going to take it home for the night and leave it there until the morning or take it for a good thrashing for the evening...

172, Tiguan

Quote: Originally posted by Pete on 18 August 2005
Not a f**king chance I would agree to that!

Me either. Tell them to turn off the lights in the workshop.

106 GTi

Surely they can drive it in the day light following someone else to see if the light stays on?

Octavia VRS

No danger would I let them take mine home either. I remember seeing my dads Megane getting driven up the main street as one of the garage monkies had used it to go get lunch. Cheeky b*****ds

tiTTy & SV650

they tried that with me about a year ago too i told em to bugger off too lol, tested myself and used this site to suss out the fault and had it fixed. Not xenon related though Im afraid.

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

its the third time its been in for it now, hopefully the last!! cheers guys glad it wasnt just my opinion!!

clio 182 black /gold

Tell those spoons to put a cover over the windscreen and the lights come on by thereselves.

VW ....

What exactly is up with ur xenons ??

mines both died on me .... turned out to be a loose relay

But na .... wouldny let someone take it home lol

Mercedes SLK350

"You might be lucky and get someone that actually valued the car, but 99 times out of ten theyd be wheelspinning it all the way home."

Thats a lot of times out of ten, lol.

i wouldnt.

my brother (19yrs old) is a trainee mechanic for a non-renault dealer.
he reckons the qualified mechanics use the customers cars (usually the quicker sporty models) for the sandwidge run at lunch time. their excuse is its a test drive after its service... but they rag the sh!t out of them down the dual carriage way.

A red missile

Youd be off your head letting them, you should have asked the service manager if he minded dropping his wife off for the night so you can test her out, when he gets all arsey just laugh - yeah and one of your monkeys aint ragging the nuts out of my car either!

Bear in mind I wouldnt even take my car to Renault, you did the right thing, heh.

No way would someone I didnt know be taking my car home for the night.

Elise/VX220/R26

lol they rally them about anyway, Ive had my car back all washed and cleaned and with the steering wheel position moved

Clio 200

Quote: Originally posted by big lee on 18 August 2005
"You might be lucky and get someone that actually valued the car, but <FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color=yellow>99 times out of ten theyd be wheelspinning it all the way home."Thats a lot of times out of ten, lol.

exactly :p

(my type :/ )

heard of a jag customer that got a knock on the door from the police that his car had been seen picking up a prostitute. turns out one of the guys used it overnight when he had it serviced , and got caught on police camera.

quality eh?

clio 182 black /gold

My brother saw my nova being ragged up and down while it was in for a water pump and the lad ammited it LOL.

Remapped derv Golf

Used to know someone who worked down Citroen. He said all the spotty 17 year old trainees took the customers VTSs out all the time and booted them.

Silver 172 PhII

I always note down the mileage when I drop my car off to be looked at. I dont trust any grease monkeys with my car! There was a garage I never trusted so I used to get them to agree the milage when I dropped the car off. They probably thought I was an arse but then at least they didnt shag my car around! :)

I think theyre taking the p!ss in this case. The auto headlights on Clios are so sensitive the lights probably turn on every time they switch on the ignition in the workshop!

Golf R32 & 172 CUP

The worrying thing is there was about 3-4 miles more on the speedo when i checked.

Didnt say anything tho.

182 Full Fat

Quote: Originally posted by 63/500 on 18 August 2005

Youd be off your head letting them, you should have asked the service manager if he minded dropping his wife off for the night so you can test her out, when he gets all arsey just laugh - yeah and one of your monkeys aint ragging the nuts out of my car either!
Haha, well said. See what they think when the tables are turned!

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by PJVTS on 18 August 2005

My car is quite important to me and i just dont like the idea of some tom, dick or harry taking my car home or out for the evening!?
I have friends who are in the garage business/mechanics/garage owner etc and I can tell you that where I live, and probably 99% everywhere else, the mechanics and technicians are not at all as you have all described above! They are mostly well respected people who wouldnt be interested in ragging customers cars as they want them to remain customers and sometimes a mechanic has to drive the car rather longer than normal, to try and locate/detect an intermittent fault with the car and if I were you, I wouldnt worry.

You know yourself that some faults dont appear the minute you pop into your garage or you go out on a run with the mechanic, so he possibly needs your car a bit longer than just a five minute drive and obviously a busy garage doesnt have time to go on a longish drive when they could be doing MOTs/servicing cars etc.

Dont worry about your car (unless you have a garage full of nutters) as if the worst happens and someone hits it, then it will be insured by the dealer whilst in its care!

MERCEDES CLS AMG

When i worked for renault we used to thrash the nuts off 172,s on test drive - does that answer your question.

I wouldnt want some greaser taking my Cup home for the night, but I really wouldnt worry about him thrashing it....he cant hit the limiter any harder than I can :p

A red missile

Quote: Originally posted by GR7 on 19 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by PJVTS on 18 August 2005

I have friends who are in the garage business/mechanics/garage owner etc and I can tell you that where I live, and probably 99% everywhere else, the mechanics and technicians are not at all as you have all described above! They are mostly well respected people who wouldnt be interested in ragging customers cars as they want them to remain customers and sometimes a mechanic has to drive the car rather longer than normal, to try and locate/detect an intermittent fault with the car and if I were you, I wouldnt worry.

You know yourself that some faults dont appear the minute you pop into your garage or you go out on a run with the mechanic, so he possibly needs your car a bit longer than just a five minute drive and obviously a busy garage doesnt have time to go on a longish drive when they could be doing MOTs/servicing cars etc.

Dont worry about your car (unless you have a garage full of nutters) as if the worst happens and someone hits it, then it will be insured by the dealer whilst in its care!
Hmmm sniff sniff whats that smell?

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

I gave my 172 to a renault tech, he had it for ages at home and work and came back better than when he took it!!!! An he thrashed it cos he told me lol!!!