ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can somebody please guide me the right way...

Clio Sport Cup 172
Hi, I'll be honest...I don't really have a clue on car detailing. I wash my car and occassionally use SPR on it then I think "WOW..look at all the scratches etc"

Can someone please help me in what stuff to use i.e. clay, wax and gloss?

I had a read this morning and it seems to be like this:
- wash
- clay
- SPR
- wax
- gloss/protect

is this correct and what products should I use? I looked at meguiars and Auto Glym, that was it really?!

Thanks in advance for your help.
Tom

Online is the best way mate get check out cleanyourcar and i4detailing.co.uk.

Also have a look at your washing & drying technique use the 2 bucket method.

Clio Sport Cup 172
I tried the 2 buckets last time I washed it, noticed a difference in the car and a huge difference in the soapy bucket lol, cheers.

Clio Sport Cup 172
Online is the best way mate get check out cleanyourcar and i4detailing.co.uk.

Also have a look at your washing & drying technique use the 2 bucket method.

what about a "how to" or instructions on how to do most of the above...sorry to be a pain btw.

Cheers,
Tom

Not a 320d
OK.

OK.

OK.

Hold your horses.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?576095-The-Cleaning-Guide

Clay once, maybe twice a year. You dont need to clay before you polish wax. A polish will clean the paintwork and strip anything off anyways. A wax "seals" in the polish and protects the paintwork. Sort of. You need only re apply wax when you want to re apply wax, as in no need to polish all over again.

Get some Glaze. Decent Hand polish Like Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish, itll fill swirls (Light ones) and give a nice gloss. Top that up with a wax or sealant. if your on a budget Fk1000p isnt too shabby. If you have extra to spend. Get a nice wax.

Not a 320d
Oh and good detailing starts with good drying towels, mitt and shampoo. And a good wash technique. And then maintaining the towel and mitt.

Its like having a 1000hp skyline with clio brakes. Pointless.

Clio Sport Cup 172
Oh and good detailing starts with good drying towels, mitt and shampoo. And a good wash technique. And then maintaining the towel and mitt.

Its like having a 1000hp skyline with clio brakes. Pointless.

ha ha I like it. Cheers for your tips toby, will look into it maybe next week. I don't mind budget wise so long as I'm doing it properly and can see inmprovements :)

Thanks again.

As stated above have a good read up some of the stuff.

You want something like this in this order:-

Rinse - jetwash or hose to loosen and remove some of the dirt
Shampoo & Mitt- Dodo juice B2BM & a lambs wool mitt, if you have a sponge bin it
Rinse
Tar remover - Tardis
Rinse
Clay & lube - as above only done once or twice a year, I haven't done this but the i4d bar is meant to be good.
Rinse and Dry
Polish - maybe some Blackfire GEP if you are doing it by hand maybe a lake country light hand cut pad.
Wax/sealant - all depends on budget and if you want high durability, FK1000p is a cheap long lasting wax also can be used on wheels. Dodo juice waxes are ok, Poorboys nattys blue.

Wheels:-
Billerry wheel cleaner
Poorboys wheel sealant
Wheel brush

Mircofibres and applicactor pads, drying towels. Think I covered most of the basic things.

Edit: the Polish bit i mean Menz 203s with the lake country pad followed up by BF GEP. The Menz is an abrasive along with the hand cut pad should help to remove swirls not as good as machine but better than just filling them, The BF GEP on top will then fill swirls and give a slick look.