ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can someone give me a quick run down, per lease

Leon Cupra 300
im off work tues and weds so gonna hit the car.

products ive got are

AG shampoo
AG SRP
AG bumper care
AG exdtra gloss
Mguires microfibre cloths
bug remover

Been reading about these clay bars and dont really understand where id use these when cleaning the car, as i thought the ag extra gloss is like the final coat or whatever buti like the sound of it.

ive got a few swirl marks which id like to get rid of, any suggestions?

And my wheels are bit of a mess, stained and tar blobs in the corners, hows the best way to clean these up? i normally use the pressure washer but never gets rid of that stuff. i want to use some product but dont want to damage the wheel as they have a few kerbs etc, whats best to use? (im not that into hard work and dont have much patience)

any help be appreciated thankyou

al

ST on the way...
Clay should be used before waxing and after washing, with plenty of detailer so it glides across the surface removing all the "s**t".

EGP is a must as a final coat, leave for an hour to set (unless it's sunny :S)

106 GTi
If you want to use clay this is used after washing to remove the stuck on debris the washing leaves behind.

Working by hand best thing to use on the swirls is Meguiars Scratch X.

As for the wheels a combination of AG Engine and Machine cleaner and there Tar and Adhesive Remover should be a good start.

A4 Avant & A3
I've got the same tar blobs on my wheels.. that tar & bug remover stuff doesn't shift it..
Might have to get some AG Engine & machine cleaner as said above, see if that does any better!

I take it you get a load of the detailing spray with a claybar? what happens when that runs out, as it seems you need to use quite a bit when claying the car.

Leon Cupra 300
i was going to use soap and water with the clay,, what is this detailer stuff anyway?

think mioght use a lil bit of wonderwheels jus to get the s**t off wheels then jus keep on top of them with ag engine stuff, so do u use the scratch x after the claying?

106 GTi
I dont waste QD in claying, soap and water mix here. Quick detailing spray removes light dust rather than eeding a full wash.

Using the clay on the wheels after doing the bodywork works well.

If the wheels really do have stubborn bits on them a strong dedicated wheel cleaner is about the only thing that will touch them, as AG Engine and Machine Cleaner may not cut it. I would not use strong wheel cleaners like that all the time tho. Use it once get them clean, polish and seal them and then soap and water will be all you need in future.

Scratch X is hard work, but yeah after claying use it as needed on the defects.