ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you keep up with your clio

Anyone get a letter from ReanultSport in the post this morning with this written on the envelope?

Renault are organising 3 track days this year for owners of ClioSports. All at Bedford with a similar format to the one last year - 3 hours of track driving plus BBQ and a drive in the ClioCup race spec car. This year they have passenger rides in the new V6 255, RenaultSport Spider race car and Cup!

Theres more info at http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/trackdayswww.renaultsport.co.uk/trackdays Hey theres even some piccies of some of us that were there last year!

Looks like its not as heavily subsidised as last years though its £150 a pop!

Rich

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

I think Ill be going along, any chance to have another drive in those Cup race cars!

Des, Jas and others, what days are you planning? Im going but would be more fun if people I know are also going..?

Not sure, I just spoke to a guy, he said they are trying to discourage spectaters as they dont really have the facilities (same last time but was fine) They are allowing 50 cars per day and I will actually book when I have some idea when people are going.

172 Cup

RenaultSport just called me about this. Will post details from the email they are sending me.

172 Cup

Hi James,

Further to our telephone conversation earlier, Im happy to elaborate a little more on the Renault Track Days. As youre aware we will be using the Palmersport venue at Bedford.

Drivers will get to take their own vehicles out on the South-West circuit, which is approx. three miles in length, with hot-laps in race Clios, Clio V6, Clio Cup and possibly a racing Renault Spider offered on the North circuit. Bus transfers will be in operation ferrying drivers to and from each circuit.

The fee of £150 covers your track activity for the day and also a barbecue at the conclusion of the on-track action. Final instructions and information would be sent to you following your booking.

Just to tell you a little about ourselves, we are Grovewood Sport and are running the Track Days under contract on behalf of Renault UK. We organise and run the two Renault UK motor racing series, Formula Renault UK and ELF Clio Renaultsport UK Cup, therefore we have strong links with Renault and also have the necessary experience to run the Track Days efficiently and professionally.

If you want to book then the Track Day number is 01895 829288.

Thanks for the enquiry, look forward to hearing from you soon,

Best regards,

Marc Orme

Media Officer

Grovewood PR

The Grovewood Suite,

Salamander Quay West,

Harefield,

UB9 6NZ.

Clio v6

Oh I just noticed that its only the best drivers that will be selected to drive the 255 :cry:

Tell me what it is like someone.

S2000

So I assume that there is no disclaimer in the terms of the Renault Warrenty that would render it void if you take part in any form of track day?

I thought there was!

if the warrenty is not void then im there!!! cant we have a cliosport day and take over the event???:D

mabe renault want you to void the warrenty because there having loads of problems!! prehaps it a set up? prehaps there watching us right now? prehaps im being to paranoid:confused:

theres a £25 charge for spectators!! arrhh ...

leigh theres a space on the request for for different types of car so i guess its a yes!

im down for the 26th:D

BMW 320d Sport

OK I dont know much about these things, but it would be nice if the vintage Clios, which are in many cases just as quick if not quicker round a track than the newer ones, were going along as well.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

I think Ill go on the Friday cause its the easiest day for me to get there and get back.

I think if you read the info correctly it says this:-

NB: You will not be able to bring any car other than your Clio Renaultsport onto the track.

This is a Renault organised thing, not Cliosport and so we have no say in what cars they will allow on the track unfortunately!

Quote: Originally posted by desmondo on 25 March 2003

Anyone get a letter from ReanultSport in the post this morning with this written on the envelope?

Renault are organising 3 track days this year for owners of ClioSports. All at Bedford with a similar format to the one last year - 3 hours of track driving plus BBQ and a drive in the ClioCup race spec car. This year they have passenger rides in the new V6 255, RenaultSport Spider race car and Cup!

Theres more info at http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/trackdayswww.renaultsport.co.uk/trackdays Hey theres even some piccies of some of us that were there last year!

Rich
yeah, mine is there!!! fame at last!!! :D:D:D:D the other ones could be any number of you - but mine could only be mine !!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Trophy

Im up for this, just gotta pick a day!

Will have to be one of the June dates as im in Canada for the May one.

Might have to join you Jas!

Mat.

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

I got the letter in the post yesterday. I spoted a few of us on one of the photos: me, wayne, matt - leics, des, mark. Cool!

Mat, Im just not sure I can wait that long to get a drive in a new v6, but Im sure I can handle it. What day is everyone else doing?

I think Im leaning towards one of the June dates also. May is looking a very busy month for me @ the mo.

Friday would fit.

Rich

Quote: Originally posted by kis172 on 25 March 2003
Quote: Originally posted by desmondo on 25 March 2003Anyone get a letter from ReanultSport in the post this morning with this written on the envelope?

Rich[/QUOTE]yeah, mine is there!!!  fame at last!!!  :D:D:D:D the other ones could be any number of you - but mine could only be mine !!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Big Yellow LOL!

Rar Rar Rar :D

Ill be seeing you all down there then, and I think Ill be doing the 28th May and the 27th June (Ive been waiting all winter for trackdays again, so I need a double fix now :devilish:)

i thought it was bad enough reading about all the Clio goodies available in the UK but now Im really jealous.

I have to tag along with the local scooby club for their track days.

But its good to give them a reality check on a fairly tight circuit especially under brakes.

Here you all are!:confused:

Im down for the Wednesday in May cos I dont want to have to perform a delivery on the track. ;)

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

yER IM DOWN FOR THE 26TH !!

Oh and i get a discount for working for Renault !! Yes they will let my car go on the track, they even encouraged it coz they want some willys there to compair to the new ones !!

Bring out the vintage stuff !! :D

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Hang on Mat, if everyone is going to the earliest one should we join the crowd on that day?