ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can you remap a 1.4 16v clio?

1.4 16v soon 2 be 172 rep
lol silly question but just wonderin can you remap them and what kind of difference it would make. thanks alperin

Megane 225 F1
You can. I asked JMS tuning and unfortunatly the wont do 1.4s but K-tec do. Im currently awaiting response to see what kind of results i will get with my mods.

Megane 225 F1
NM is the torque. Like above, your looking at 10bhp max if the car is standard, maybe a bit more with mods.

lol f that rather get a full exhaust system with that money... but my car is 98 bhp standard anyway...

Vantage
what on ebay...?

uhhhhhh no! they cost like 6 quid.. would you really believe it .. when remapping costs around £250

yea lol i thoughttt sooo, to get a little more top speed what should i do lol most i have maxed was 124mph on a downhill motorway.... lol

Megane 225 F1
Im going to be getting mine done. Extra bit of power while i wait for insurance to drop below £1000 on a 172

Nissan 350z
exactly mate... pointless on a 1.4 imo..

How is gaining 10bhp from a remap pointless? The 1.4 gets more gains from being remapped than most 172s do if you compare the figures.

In terms of bang for buck so to speak its deffinately worth doing if your looking to improve performance so i say you should go for it.

lol i dnt kno im gona offer him 70 quid picked up if he says no then ill ignore him. and i gotta go scrappy but i gotta take my gf to a 3 day holiday so i gotta spend a little money with her for her birthday and after that i will put everypenny on the clio :p and when you fit a filter and exhaust do you need to play with the injection system as it will need more fuel going or will it automatically do it for you because i have exprience with my Mbikes when i had to keep changing the main jets in the carbourattoers to get the right amount of fuel to the engine..

Megane 225 F1
Or you could use the £400 that it costs to map for the extra insurance for the 172 ;)

Because insurance for a 1*2 at the moment it 2k! In september when im 21 it drops to 900 :D worth the wait and £219 (ktec) for 10 months of more power is worth it to me :D

If the insurance on a 1*2 was £200 ish more then yh i would obv get one lol.

so if i had a exhaust system and filter with a decent manifold and mapped will i get 130bhp or am i dreaming?

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Why spend every penny on the Clio but wait for the insurance to drop on 172? Would you not be better putting the money towards a new car/insurance if you want a 172?

Bit of a waste of time spending money while waiting to save money on insurance??

edit, just saw the post a few up.

You'd be better just stripping the car to gain a better power to weight ratio, rather than adding a claimed 10bhp.

Vantage
How is gaining 10bhp from a remap pointless? The 1.4 gets more gains from being remapped than most 172s do if you compare the figures.

In terms of bang for buck so to speak its deffinately worth doing if your looking to improve performance so i say you should go for it.

alright alright.. i spoke abit too quick!!!

i may get it myself aswel.. but like i said to him.. he should get his kit first...

but trying is better then nothing right? :p and dizzel your right looks come before engine to mee because i aint no racer or micheal schimierr lol

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
so if i had a exhaust system and filter with a decent manifold and mapped will i get 130bhp or am i dreaming?

30bhp from that? You'd need to have a big turbo'd car to get anywhere near that with just a few mods.

where is a good place to buy things like manifolds and filters and all that not halfords please. thanx

Megane 225 F1
Why spend every penny on the Clio but wait for the insurance to drop on 172? Would you not be better putting the money towards a new car/insurance if you want a 172?

Bit of a waste of time spending money while waiting to save money on insurance??

edit, just saw the post a few up.

You'd be better just stripping the car to gain a better power to weight ratio, rather than adding a claimed 10bhp.

Lol i take that was at me?

I had the idea of stripping the car out but then i realised i use the rear to much.

And waiting a year and spending £200 for a bit of extra power while insurance drops 1000 + is a plan to me.

Static Low
strip it & map it.. do what u want. Dont listen to these guys.

spend your money in anyway that makes you happy

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
If you want to go faster.

Remove things you dont need.

Strip the interior its Free BHP.