ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can you transfer part of 1 yrs NCB?

In October I had 4 yrs NCB, so I will have 4 yrs and 6 months (in March). If I cancel my current policy, and start a new one - can I transfer the 4 yrs WITH the 6 months NCB? Or can I only transfer the 4 full years?

I ask because I am thinking of moving insurance, but if I loose half a years NCB (which at my age, 22, is quite valuable!) then I wont bother.

Cheers :D

98 Clio 1.2
As far as i know, even if you cancelled it after 11 months, you still wouldnt be able to carry the no claims bonus foward. Only way is to stick with them for another 6 months!

S2000
Its a pain in the arse but you do lose it. I've now lost about 8 months 2 times because I had to change insurance company when buying a new car, so as well as paying cancellation fees I also end up paying more for my insurance as I have less NCB :mad:

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
Its a pain in the arse but you do lose it. I've now lost about 8 months 2 times because I had to change insurance company when buying a new car, so as well as paying cancellation fees I also end up paying more for my insurance as I have less NCB :mad:

yeh its a c**t. im about to buy a new valver and insurance is cheaper elsewhere but it isnt worth loosing the 6 months out of a 10 month policy i have already done!

oh well, it will be worth it when i have 3 years ncd in july! :D