ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cannot drive car in the dark

182 Inferno
Yeah, so my headlights are w**k.

Do 182s not come with adjustable headlights? They're so low, it makes driving in very dark areas pretty much impossible!

Are there any others that are adjustable? I think I have Xenons in...

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
The auto levelling sensor is on the rear axle and breaks often. Check that as if it's disconnected they default to the shortest setting as if you have a very heavy load in the boot. Sounds like that's happened tbh.

182 Inferno
Noo I haven't done anything to the lights myself, I've only had the car a month or so..

It isn't load as I just can't see much no matter what/who is in the car

Is the adjuster on the back of this actual headlight? The only one inside car is for this dash board.

I can post a photo of my lights, hold on

182 Inferno
IMG_20150827_142149.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
They're auto-levelling, you shouldn't need to adjust them at all. As above, try the sensor wiring at the back of the car.

182 Inferno
The auto levelling sensor is on the rear axle and breaks often. Check that as if it's disconnected they default to the shortest setting as if you have a very heavy load in the boot. Sounds like that's happened tbh.

Ah. That sounds convenient! Thanks!

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Yeah, I will do.
My car is canny low like, could that have knackered up the sensor?
If your car is lowered, the sensor will be registering a fully loaded car, therefore adjusting the headlight to their lowest/shortest setting.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
My adjuster broke at Oulton on Tuesday, I ran a little bit wide at Knickerbrook and went over the serrated curbs, it snapped the plastic connector off.
Is it a whole new unit or is there another cheap fix?