ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Canon eos 400d

fiesta zetec s mk5 / 182
right i studied photography in college but been a while since ive been into it! was looking in jessops and saw the 400d, am just wondering if anybody has 1 and what are they like to use? any demo pics? and would my g/f be able to use it with ease?

Motorbikes
I got one last week. Its my first forray int SLR cameras so I cant comment on anything else, but from a noobs point of view I'd say its great. Easy to use etc. I also got mine i Jessops and the sales dude said it really is the best entry level D-SLR. I dont think you'd regret it.

There smaller than most high end DSLR's but if you've got small hands there great.

Love using my 350D, have had a play with a 400D and seems equally as good. It has plenty of 'dummy' modes from green box to sport/macro and also P which is fairly auto with a few user options, so yeah should be ok for the gf to use..

UK prices, worth a look http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/
Might be worth seeing if you can get one bundled with the new 18-55 IS as well.

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Mine should be dispatched tommorrow, will post back. Tried it in Jessops yday and it was so much better than the Nikon equivilent (d40/d40x). Will post back, 1st SLR for me.

Cupra
I like this one:

2na2wp0.jpg

CLIO CUP RACE/TRACK CAR
yes i have just got one and the bird can use it easiy. Getting some good pics so far but not took any outside yet as been far to busy, quality camera though

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I played about for an hour last nite tryin to get a decent shot of a naked gas flame (clarts) influence...Could i do it, could i f**k! 31shots and the best i got was merely avg!!

I played about for an hour last nite tryin to get a decent shot of a naked gas flame (clarts) influence...Could i do it, could i f**k! 31shots and the best i got was merely avg!!

Tripod, partial metering, no flash? Got an example with EXIF intact, can see where you went wrong, its not the camera :p

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Tripod, partial metering, no flash? Got an example with EXIF intact, can see where you went wrong, its not the camera :p

Whats partial meterin...i did see that setting y'day...3 to choose from iirc.

EXIF? Pardon the ignorance.

A red missile
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dunganick/

my flickr, all taken with my 400d and a non IS lense.

im very pleased, warning there is a serious wallet health warning attached to DSLR's, i now have the desire for an L lense. if i get it, it will be more than my camera cost.

Tell me about it, 1100 quid for a 100-400 L 700 quid for a 24-105 L, then it was 750 quid for a better camera and god knows how much for all the other bits like tripods, flashgun, portable storage, cleaning bits, memory cards, I've spent the national debt of some third world countries on camera gear :S

Its worth it though when the 400mm lets you get shots like this one.
IMG_4331.gif

Whats partial meterin...i did see that setting y'day...3 to choose from iirc.

EXIF? Pardon the ignorance.

Partial is where a camera takes a reading for a small portion in the middle of the images, the bright gas and dark surroundings may be confusing the meter.
http://web.canon.jp/imaging/enjoydslr/part2/2E.html

EXIF is the image data, all the settings like shutter speed, aperture & ISO etc..

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
  fiesta zetec s mk5 / 182
dad has agreed to go halves with me so il be gettin: eos 400d, 18-55 lense and 1gb mem card for £414 from jessops! Cant wait now but il have to clean me car so can get some photies up!

Partial is where a camera takes a reading for a small portion in the middle of the images, the bright gas and dark surroundings may be confusing the meter.
http://web.canon.jp/imaging/enjoydslr/part2/2E.html

EXIF is the image data, all the settings like shutter speed, aperture & ISO etc..

how do i get the EXIF data?

Its there from the moment you click the shutter button, if you upload to flikr it won't be stripped which some other sites do..

fiesta zetec s mk5 / 182
bangor is my nearest store and im an impatient fu**er so i wont by online unless i cant get it in the shops!

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
^lol, I got mine for £320 with 18-55 Lens :) from Canon Outlet store

Bus w**ker
The 450D is due out in March...just in case you are desperate for the latest model, or want to get more for your money when the 400D drops in price.