ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't for the life of me find the radiator fan switch ? And water in engine bay ?

Clio 1.2 16V
Hey all , I am having some trouble with my fan on my 03 plate 1.2 16v clio.

1.Basically as soon as I turn the engine on the fan kicks in straight away, so I was advised by a friend to get a radiator fan switch , which I did and is exactly same as this one here but gold where it shows silver in the picture - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-RADIA...arParts_SM&hash=item3a77bac558#ht_6096wt_1037 , however I for the life of me and nor can my friend find where it goes , I tried doing a search and seen some picture's but still nothing found , can anyone help ?

2. Now this is a weird one, one suggestion we read was to take off the air cleaner housing, so we did this and to the left of this we seen what I can only describe as brown dirty water in the engine of the car! , this has really worried me now , could it all be connected and be a radiator leak somewhere ?

Any help on these would be greatly appreciated, I think the main thing would be to take it to a garage but money is tied up till at least end of October :dapprove:.

stevem42

ClioSport Club Member
  Silver182 and RB 182
Oops I'm as faraway as u can get on the south coast...was gonna offer to take a look if u were local......sorry

Clio 1.2 16v Extreme
Thats the Coolant Temperature Sensor. Its located on the right hand side of the engine (If you are standing looking into the bay), Just below the injector rail.

Are you getting any oil in your water or vice versa? If so then I would say your Head Gasket is goosed, causing water to get where it shouldnt.

Just re-read your post. Are you sure its water and not oil? If its oil dont worry too much as the 1.2 is a heavy breathing engine. Get some kitchen towel in there and soak it up and keep an eye on it.

Clio 1.2 16V
Oops I'm as faraway as u can get on the south coast...was gonna offer to take a look if u were local......sorry

Aww thanks anyway.

Thats the Coolant Temperature Sensor. Its located on the right hand side of the engine (If you are standing looking into the bay), Just below the injector rail.

Are you getting any oil in your water or vice versa? If so then I would say your Head Gasket is goosed, causing water to get where it shouldnt.

Just re-read your post. Are you sure its water and not oil? If its oil dont worry too much as the 1.2 is a heavy breathing engine. Get some kitchen towel in there and soak it up and keep an eye on it.

This was exactly where it was , bloody dingbro gave me wrong part , so then I was looking for something that wasn't there, got it all sorted and fitted , but yet engine management light was still on and fan still kicks in straight away.

Also the 'water' was infact oil, will get it cleaned out tommorow , if I clean it up and it happens again rather soon is there anything you suggest ?

Clio 1.2 16V
Still facing same problem, anyone suggest anything ? EML is still on , and fan kicks in straight away.

Clio 1.2 16V
had it plugged in to see what the fault codes are? probably needs a new upper loom

Yeah before we changed the coolant temp sensor that was the error, now after it's been changed it still throw's up the same error. Been advised to get another part, as one just now was aftermarket so now going to get the Renault one.