ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't make my mind up.....

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Am soon going to be purchasing either a 172 ff [for the 2nd time]or Cup, just can't decide if it is worth sacrificing all toys and comfort of ff in favour of Cup model.
If it makes a difference, mods I will be carrying out will be same on either, Maxogen, K-Tec stealth exhaust and RS tuning remap. What to do?!? Help me guys;)

Lotus Elise 111R
Go full fat, you know you want to! Seriously though, depends on how many miles you are gonna do really.

mini cooper (RIP 172)
i'd say FF, but i would say that;)

if its ur daly driver then the cup is a little harder to live with, the best would be a 182 with both cup packs! but i'm sure u know that, it's just the cost:eek:

dont think u'll notice 0.1 sec in the 0-60 dash!

i'm sure the cup owners will be along to say get a cup!

but it down to how u will use it really

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Am not going to be doing track-days and the like, and probably no more than 6k a year.
Heart says Cup to be honest, head says ff........
Going to test drive a Cup Friday, hopefully

I was in a similar position when I purchased my 172, in the end I went for the FF, the toys are nice, and any performance loss isn't noticable.

172 cup
cant see the point of modyfying a ff to achieve the performance of a cup but as you are asking the question i assume a ff would suit you better.

172cup
CUP CUP CUP. Never owned a FF but driven plenty. I'd chose the cup everytime.

And whats all this b****cks about the cup being a more difficult daily drive to live with?? I drive mine daily, and know a lot of people with the cup do the same... no problems what so ever. Depends how much of girl you are i suppose.

Of all the cars i've owned, i've never found a car that matches the fun factor yet (certainly not for the money). The cup is great fun, and driven properly... is a serious performance car.

If you've already had a FF... why do you want another one? Ever notice the ff owners always say "oh... no one notices the 0.1 secs 0-60"? Its not all about that and you know it!!

Oh... and this thread has been done a million times lol.

Saxo VTS
In the same situation dude!

Test drove a Cup and it was a VERY nice car. Even my mate who hates French cars was impressed. They look sexual in the blue and with the Turins they look stunning.

People hark on about them being basic but they've probably been brought up on decent cars that mummy and daddy payed for. The Cup was luxury compared to my old Valver.

However, I'm now looking at the 172 FF. Tbh the interior (well, ok seats) look a lot more classy and the thought of having some toys such as aircon (global warming yo) and Xenons etc is tempting.

Imo, a FF with Turins on is the best of both worlds. Also Cups are usualy more exspensive for 'less' car.

172 /megane cab
i sold my cup two and a half years ago i got a ff 172 last week on round abouts and nipin about town the cup is loads better in and out bends even my mates that dont drive say by blue one was quicker but if you do a lot of miles get a ff but i wish i had got a cup again

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
Ive got a 182 CUP and I use it as my day to day car and I love it.... Suspention aint that hard.... Cumffort is fine in it i think...

Get a cup mate ;)

Last edited:
  Clio V6 255 Titanium
id say cup! owned a 182 ff and my brother had a cup! i prefered his cup! altho it did rattle more :p and lewis your from burton latmier huh? u seeling your cup ? what car you want then?

Golf GTI PP Mk7
id say cup! owned a 182 ff and my brother had a cup! i prefered his cup! altho it did rattle more :p and lewis your from burton latmier huh? u seeling your cup ? what car you want then?

i am indeed from burton, cup is now provisionally sold.

im going for a 197 R27 Team F1 :cool:

MINI JCW
Easy decision if you can live without the toys get a cup if not get the ff 172.

If you can stretch to it buy a 182 with cup bits best of both worlds then!