ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car alarm keeps going off? *Clio 1.6 16v*

Toyota Mr2 Turbo
What could cause it to keep going off? I told my girlfriend its probably a low battery but does not want to fork out for a new one if not a 100% sure. It has been only recently it has started to happen.

About a month ago she had the cambelt and spark plugs done a shitty garage which I tried to advise her not to but was mean't to be friends of her family and im pretty sure they cocked up for the following reasons.

Car now sometimes won't start, it turns over but wont start (crappy spark plugs used? if so which ones should we use?)

Alarm keeps going off, could they off unplugged something, or damaged the alternator so its not properly re charging?

Clio 182
Try disabling the alarm if you can, think i heard there's a key to switch the immobiliser off. If not, disconnect and reconnect the battery.

I'd change the spark plugs yourself, 10mins with the right tools :)

BMW M135i
No alarm key switch on a Mk2. Could be a lot of things, what does the alarm show its being triggered by?

Toyota Mr2 Turbo
not to sure how you know? from what I have seen it will sound for about 3 or 4 chirps, go off for a couple of seconds and then chirp again, this will go on for 3 or 4 sessions then go off. Standard clio alarm btw.