ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car alarm on an import

TDI tyre shreader

Hello was woundering what car alarms people have had fitted to their imports, mine at the min has a sigma alarm which is a sack of sh*te having read the spec so want another alarm

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

Got MK1 172 put Clifford 600 cat 1.

Choice is endless in my view Clifford was the only make for me!

I didnt get a car alarm with my import...just an immobiliser. I rang my insurance company to see if getting an alarm would bring my premium down but they said it would make no difference. Is it worth getting one anyway just for peace of mind? I cant decide..

Hi

I have a LaserLine alarm on my 172 which incorporates the Renault immobiliser into the system, so the whole package is brought upto Thatcham Approved cat 1.... All insurance approved.

With regards to your insurance company I would re check about the alarm, as they are probably guessing that the car is UK standard which ofcourse comes with the alarm / immob, where as Euro imports come with just the immob....I had to have an alarm fitted on mine to obtain the insurance.

No false alarms, and ofcourse very easy to use.

Regards

JUNGLE