ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car back from HillPower

Got may car back from HillPower this weekend and am now running the following setup:

HP IK with under bumper scoop only, Group N ECU, HP inlet manifold and PowerFlow exhaust....

Drove it for about 300 miles on Saturday night and the change is remarkable. The car seems to pull harder from lower down the rev range and the power delivery seems more linear - 2nd goes up to just under 70 (i think) and 4th is now capable of pulling 123 (definite). Traction is more of a problem in 1st and second gear and the gear change lights have been upped on all gears that I have tested........

Fuel economy seems fine with about 42 mpg @ a steady 80mph. A tankful seemed to last the same as it did before despite enthusiastic driving.

Ive had the car for two years now and Id lost that feeling of it being quick enough.....now its back and Im having to re-learn the new limits. Im going to get it on the rollers in the new year at Power Engineering to see what the plots are like.

Suspension wise I have swapped the AVOs I have had on and am now running the standard springs - I now realise what a good compromise the standard setup is in terms of handling and comfort. Maybe something that is in between like the Eibachs might be ok.....

Merry Christmas everyone!

:cool:

Glad your happy with it.

My valver is at HillPower in mid January to let Nick work some magic on it.

Cant wait! :devilish:

Arjun, did you get the manifold work done in isolation so you could see the difference? Im very, very happy with what Nick has done to my inlet manifold. Amazing that such seemingly small thing can make such a change to the feel of the engine.

Ive got the startings of a similar set up to you (exhaust system, inlet manifold), and damn, the car is more lively! Definitely more of a handful (and a pain in the arse in the ice!).

Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 22 December 2003

Arjun, did you get the manifold work done in isolation so you could see the difference? Im very, very happy with what Nick has done to my inlet manifold. Amazing that such seemingly small thing can make such a change to the feel of the engine.

Ive got the startings of a similar set up to you (exhaust system, inlet manifold), and damn, the car is more lively! Definitely more of a handful (and a pain in the arse in the ice!).
No I didnt Rhys so I dont know where *exactly* the extra urge is coming from....

BenR posted somewhere on here that the inlet manifold could do with some work as standard and that there were fair gains to be had...I think?