ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car been broken into

Was a 197
I'm thinking of getting one with a proximity sensor, so when they look into it it gives a little beep to deter them. I think I'll get a little flashing sign put on the windscreen too!

Clifford G5 with or without blackjax will make your car safer than fort knox anyway!!!!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
lol I found a bit behind the rear of one of my sideskirts! Think that just flicked up off the road tho :eek:

lol when my mum's sunroof randomly smashed, we found glass a good 3-4 months later in the car. Just keep an eye out!

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
^^ you'll never get rid of it all its a pain in the ass, Slammed the door on the coupe last week and a piece of broken glass dropped out! lol

L

leeboy182

I had the same happen to me mate I wouldn't go to the police though because even though I didn't claim the insurance found out through the police ! Bad times chin up though let's hope the scum bags catch swine flu

I had the same happen to me mate I wouldn't go to the police though because even though I didn't claim the insurance found out through the police ! Bad times chin up though let's hope the scum bags catch swine flu
:eek: too late I went earlier! Don't think they'll do anything though lol.

i've got a spare drivers side glass if anyone wants it? free, just need to pick it up
Cheers but it's the passenger one :(

Depends how much u wanna spend, best way would be to phone around and get some quotes
Not sure where to phone tbh! I was looking at the Toad Ai606 with a few extras, yay or nay?

Was a 197
sounds okay to me mate, with dual zone sensors on it and the proximity sensor on it, that'll do u nicely

Yellow pages, go for big page adverts first as they'll be respectable or talk to anyone who has one n see where they went

sorry mate, Ive been there three time now, after the second time I will never ever fit an uprated stereo system in my car:(.
The third time was last month they broke into my tranny van and stole a 24v makita sds drill the only night i didnt take it out:(.

LY V6 with Recaros
Gutted, I've had one of my cars broken into, horrible feeling :( I see the little buggers sitting in my car trying to get my stereo out too, they ran off into some crap Fiesta baseball bat still in hand, I could have killed them! :mad:

My dad actually caught someone with their head in his car routing inside for the stereo, ran up to him and wrestled him to the ground even though he had a screwdriver in his hand, he kept him there for 15 minutes while the police turned up!

After getting quoted for £100+ from window places, I went to the scrappies and got one for 25 quid and fitted it myself in like 10 minutes. The hardest part was getting all the glass out of every single bit of my car tbh! Then I found my headunit case in the glovebox :dapprove: :dapprove:

Civic Type S GT
F*%king little sh*t bags!! Whats even worse is that when caught by the police for other offences and they think their going to get potted in prison to get bummed by gloria on east wing, to lower their sentence they do whats called T.I.C's and they'll own up to the police that they have broken into your car, so in return they get alot shorter sentence. It's BO**OCKS!!!!!!!!!!:mad: Feel sorry for you pal.

AK

M240i
yep absolutely! Then again my old flat was in a s**t location...I was never happy leaving my car there. lasted 11 or the 12 months and then got panned in twice in 3wks! They caught the Junkie tho!

Torry per chance :rasp:?

JME sorry to hear this mate :( c***s the lot of them !!

www.renparts.co.uk
My dad actually caught someone with their head in his car routing inside for the stereo, ran up to him and wrestled him to the ground even though he had a screwdriver in his hand, he kept him there for 15 minutes while the police turned up!

After getting quoted for £100+ from window places, I went to the scrappies and got one for 25 quid and fitted it myself in like 10 minutes. The hardest part was getting all the glass out of every single bit of my car tbh! Then I found my headunit case in the glovebox :dapprove: :dapprove:

thought you were popping up mate?

1.4 phase 1
im a bit paranoid about this so on my next car im getting a good toad alarm or clifford and getting the shock sensors so the little gits cant get the wheels of, jsut got to make sure its no to sensitive so it dont go off when a cat jumps on the car.

im a bit paranoid about this so on my next car im getting a good toad alarm or clifford and getting the shock sensors so the little gits cant get the wheels of, jsut got to make sure its no to sensitive so it dont go off when a cat jumps on the car.
I'm getting the Toad Ai606 with proximity sensor/beeper and auto-start (just for the hell of it ;))

Pretty decent alarm from what I've gathered, similar to Cliffords but without the hefty price tag.

It's being installed on 21st May.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Threads like this get me to take my headunit out, but I soon start leaving it in again.

Worse still is in an MX5 the easiest and quietest way to get in is to cut the roof (not cheap to put right!!). A lot of owners actually leave their doors unlocked because they'd rather the thieves get in and have a look without doing any damage!..

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
horrible to think someones been in, such a personal thing, I felt so violated,lol.

sounds like they were up your arse lol!

Gutted for ya mate the ammount of times ive come back to my car n ive left it open is untrue im still not used to having central locking, i always double check now tho hope you get it sorted buddy

Got the car back in order, police have been ringing me asking if there's anything I can give as evidence but because I use the car for work, there basically isn't. They said there's no point fingerprinting the interior as it won't stick or something!