ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car behind me rear ended

Hey all... need a bit of advice wether I did the right thing. On a road today the car in front of me stopped a bit quick coming up to a round about. So in turn I had to stop pretty quick, and the car behind me. But the car behind me got rear ended. I didnt stop because If I had I would have caused a jam. The two cars behind me had a layby to pull into. Should I have stopped? or is it nothing to do with me as I wasnt hit in any way? opinions?

You should have stopped as your a witness. Legally you could get done as you left the scene of an accident i think.

If it was you that got rear ended youd hope a witness would stop to back you up???

its the drivers job to keep a safe distance behind the vehicle in front, in case of emergency, clearly the car behind you did that, as they didnt hit you, but the car behind them didnt, therefore, theyre f**ked

yeah I just heard screeching tyres and a bang... I looked in the rear view mirror and there was the guy with his bonnet bent. I let my car run forward as far as I could when I heard the screeching because I thought it was the car behind me..

what accident officer ;)

oh and yeh, its there fault for not allowing enough space between them and the car in front, in case of such situations:) (driving without due care and attention,them not you)

ok.... yeah the phrase leaving the scene of the accident was running through my mind... but then again If I didnt actually see the accident... I guess thats all there is to it.... the 3rd car back probally had a good view

Clio V6 255

this is axactly what I experienced a couple of years back, prat in front slammed on brakes for no reason at green light, i braked so did car behind then smash! I thought i am not even going to bother with the hassle of filling out all those statements so i just continued along all oblivious to what had happened!

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.

OK

Put it like this if you were the person that had been hit, would you of wanted to know if any other one had witnessed the incident????:D

We all know accidents do happen. GOD HELP US!!!

I always stop to be a witness - would you want to try defending a claim when the other blokes trying it on and you know damn well that others saw what happened but just drove off?

I stopped once when a dog ran into the road and the bloke behind the bloke that slammed on the anchors ran into the back of the bloke that tried to stop. (does that make sense? lol) Its only a few forms, half hour of your time maybe.

Though I do admit that in the situation this thread is about it will be a simple claim off the bloke that ran into the back of him.

Unless he had no insurance or gave fake details, in which case a witness would have been ideal... (you feeling guilty yet? ;) lol )