ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car covers

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

Now my Williams has been improved with no rusty arches, I want to keep it in good condition... Poor thing has to live on the drive, and last yr, it went a few mths neglected not used, and getting covered in all kinds of crap :( ...

I did think about a carcoon, but they do seem fairly pricey... so thought about a car cover designed for the clio... Has anyone got one / heard any good stories about covers etc?? Costs / Company names too... I know I could wash it daily, but at this time of yr, cold, and dark by the time Im back, so not practical :(

ta :)

iv never had one but if i were a no good ned and saw ur car under the cover first thing id do is go over to it and possibly damage it, depends on where u live but it cud happen

Mondeo STTDCI

Have only heard bad things about all but the most expensive covers also.

IMHO they are a chav magnet too. Look after her a bit more would be my suggestion, or sell her to someone who will appreciate her. Or get her into storage.

Get a breatable one. And take it off often to let the car get rid of condensation. Also try to get one with a cloth underside so it doesnt scratch the car.

You get what you pay for. Cheap ones will probably scratch your car, allow condensation to build up and increase degradation of your car. The best ones also protect from UV light.

Mine is a tyvek cover suitable for a clio. It cost me 60 quid. It is breathable, cloth underside and has UV protection. Also has snow and frost protection. Halfords sell them if you want to check them out. I have two as i lost one, bought another, then found the first one. Make me an offer if you want one of them.

7.6cc :D

Quote: Originally posted by hip_spasm on 14 December 2004

Look after her a bit more would be my suggestion, or sell her to someone who will appreciate her.
Rude! Louise is one the most car care conscious girls ive met! puts me to shame :oops:

I bet you dont wash your car after every use??? Does that mean you dont appreciate it and should sell it?

E91 M Sport

http://www.classicadditions.co.uk/http://www.classicadditions.co.uk/

I had this very same problem Louise, I always look after my cars, but I dont want to wash them every time a bird lets go over it! (and its parked under a tree, so in the summer that is quite often).

Classic Additions covers are great value, the Lightweight Showerproof covers are fully breathable, protect from UV and covered by an excellent warranty. Very friendly company who I wouldnt hesitate recommending to anyone. Give Adrian a call (01380 720970) and hell give you all the info youll need.

Oh and I think its widely accepted that vandalism is more unlikely to occur when the car is covered-up than just sitting there asking to be scratched or broken into.

Weeman sucks ****

My mate had one for his VX220, cost a small fortune but well worth it if you want to keep her in good nik.