ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car feels like it is sliding when cornering ...

Clio Sport 182 '05
Sorry if this is a stupid question ...Recently bought a great Clio 182 cup, handles amazing, however, having driven a little 1.0 lupo for the past year or so (cheap n cheerful), maybe I am not used to the handling but it feels to me that when i corner hard and go to straighten up, feels like the car is sliding, but i know it isnt???Hopefully this makes sense to someone, maybe it is just me, or could it be suspension related ie. bushes etc.Any help would be appreciatedTom

172, BMW 120 Msport.
I had exactly the same issue a few months ago. Checked everything and couldn't fault anything at all. In the end it just needed tracking. Sorted it instantly.

Clio Sport 182 '05
O right. Can't really notice it when just normally cornering, but when I did notice it, tried swerving slightly down the road and did it all the time. feels odd as! Thanks!!!Tom

dan's cast offs.
as long as there are no mechanical issues first to check camber and tracking. mine was miles out when i first got it (had been kerbed) was something like -1.5 on the o/s and +1.0 on the n/s, made for very interesting cornering;)

CursedTitanium 182FF
Give your tyre pressures a check as well, 32-33 psi front and 30 psi rear (cold)
Renault book figures are actually 2.2 bar front and 2.0 bar rear.

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 182 '05
For some reason, the tyres where at 47 PSI!!! Put down to 32/30 and problem solved. Thanks for all the help