ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car handles funny...

RB 182
Bit of a strange one this, and i'm damned if I can figure out why it's doing it....

I recently done a few "upgrades" all at the same time to the car....polybushed front end (wishbones, ARB), lowered it on Sportlines, and fitted Turinis.

Since doing this, the car doesn't feel "right", at first I put it down to the new wider wheels (7" on 205s) and making it tramline, but my main concern is this...

When overtaking, if I was to drop it to 4th, and plant my foot, pull over the centreline of the road, once the passenger wheel gets to the centre of the road (hits a cats eye, or just generally the camber of the road) the car seems to shoot across the road, sometimes quite violently, and it's unpredictable when, or which way it's going to go....and it's the same when pulling back across the centreline of the road after the overtake....

Any suggestions? All track rod ends, ball joints etc etc are new and have no play.

Could a fubar'd shocker cause this? As its still on standard shocks on Sportlines?

I'm at a loss with this, and generally know my way around cars pretty well to diagnose problems, as I do all work myself.

It's a phase 2 172 if that makes any difference....sorry for the long post.

b/g 182, meg tourer
i also struggle with this problem, or something similar. took the car to fred at btm and he checked over everything and stripped all of the suspension down and put it all back together. nothing was really 'that' wrong tho, the knocking fix washers had been fitted in the wrong place and after getting the traking done its slightly better. the car still pulls itself around the road tho. still looking for answers. might replace front shocks soon, rears are new.

S4 Avant
Definately alignment. Get it laser aligned. -1 degree of negative camber on the front and 0.01/2 degrees of toe in should fix it.

RB 182
Nice one guys, I shall get it done ASAP.

It felt slightly better after getting the tracking done, but it's still a bit of a pig to drive atm.

Stagecoach Ticket
as above should fix it

but if not if u take the shock out you can tell instantly if its dead just put pushing it same as top mounts etc etc

RB 182
as above should fix it

but if not if u take the shock out you can tell instantly if its dead just put pushing it same as top mounts etc etc

Aye, the shocks were fine about a month ago when I fitted the Sportlines...Bilsteins up soon anyhow, so if alignment doesn't sort it (which the more I think about it, it will) shocks will be next to be replaced.