ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car in the garage , not happy

Astra SRi T
Dropped clio of yesterday evening for her MOT today. Just borrowed my mums car to pop in to town and I ve just seen someone driving it - and they were smoking in my car!!!!!!!:eek:

do they usually take the car for a drive when MOT'ing plus what shall I say about the smoking thing:(

I would go mad if they were driving around in my car when its just got on for an MOT, also if they were smoking! thats not on!

Mito Sportiva 135
Absolutely no need to drive the car on an MOT, all should be done in the garage on a rolling ramp.

Would absolutely kick off if it was my car, would refuse to pay at least. Say something like "you have totally undermined the trust in your company, you had no permission at all, hate the smell of smoke etc".

100% sure it was your car though?!

Cup'd Monaco 172
I'd be furious and complain.

Smoke can really linger. Make sure they valet it and maybe change the pollen filter

they will probably just say you cant prove anything

i usually make sure my petrol light is on when taking it to a garage

Astra SRi T
Absolutely no need to drive the car on an MOT, all should be done in the garage on a rolling ramp.

Would absolutely kick off if it was my car, would refuse to pay at least. Say something like "you have totally undermined the trust in your company, you had no permission at all, hate the smell of smoke etc".

100% sure it was your car though?!

yes 100% it was my car unless someone else has a blue clio colour coded with the reg DV51 HHW

Ive always used this garage as they are usually very good - or so i thought, im starting to wonder what went on the other times i left my car there:mad:

Mk2 Golf GTI
Have it out with them, don't pussy foot around! If it were me i'd have followed my car back to the garage and had it out there and then.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I would go f**king Batshit if i saw my car out on the road while it was being MOT'd. Let alone some prick smoking in it!

Fiat Panda 100hp
I would be livid if I saw someone driving my car. I would have followed it, then confront them when they come to a stop. t***s.

this happened to me a few years ago in a peugeot main dealer - I went nuts - the bloke got sacked on the spot in front of me (had been previously warned apparently) and also had £180 of work for free! so worked out quite well!

Der Panzer
Get the car back, stub out a cigarette on the dash, then go back in.

HULK SMASH TIME!

visualize whirled pe
That is a real mickey take but it happens more than you'd imagine.

At one place i worked the office zero or a trainee would get given any old customers car to do the buttie run, I have no idea how well they were driven while they were out.
Cars also get shunted around often while at some garages so they are constantly being revved, stopped and started from cold.

Astra SRi T
picking her up at 5,, just rang them. im going to ask 'why was there someone driving my car round town this morning while smoking, it was seen by me and other people' and see waht reponse i get

BMW 320d SE
Yeah I think I would be inclined to kick off about the smoking thing tbh. There's no way they should be allowing customer's cars to be treated like that.

clio 182 black /gold
Yikes thats bad. Your not alowed to smoke in your work place. This is breaking a few laws.

b/g 182, meg tourer
never heard of a car needing to be driven for an mot before mate. no need.

and the smoking!
that takes the piss. i would have words

LY V6 with Recaros
I'd be furious!! That's definitely not on, confront them. Infact I think I would have followed them and gone ballistic while they were caught in the act so they can't try and deny it! Some people!! :mad:

www.renparts.co.uk
definitely confront them, say i saw one of your staff driving the car and smoking in it, the car doesn't need to leave the premises for an mot. ask them to explain themselves.

CB600FS
As Brand said if it was definetely your car go in and see the service manager. Phone up customer services aswell and give them an earfull.

When you go in to collect it, spark up in the showroom and have a nosey round, make sure you use the ashtrays in the '07 plates aswell.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
the only reason they could be driving it is if they are not a certified MOT testing centre, and are taking it to one and I wll charge to for the privalege, a fewof the garages around here do that they rollin the price of a service to disugise the fact they charges you £40 to drive your car to a garage 5 minutes down the road.
the smoking is out of order though i know people who are smokes but woudl never smoke intheir own car let alone someone elses.