ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car insurance (specifically for me)

*quotes for my clio 182 (182bhp lets say for arquements sake) £475
*e36 m3 (321bhp) £875
*evo 6 tommi mak is something stupid like £3000 (280bhp)

:S

It's to do with how many have been stolen/crashed etc, not just to do with power. Obviously a lot more fannies have stolen/written off Evos than they have M3s.

Admiral group offer a free mod policy, you don't have to pay for mods but they won't pay out for the mods if you crash.
I must have been raped then. When I had the 1.2 a few years back, think I was 18 when I had that, I declared an exhaust, suspension change and tints. Doubled the price to £1200.
I need to ring them soon to find out the cost of adding lowered suspension is to the sunflower.

Are you actually calling companies and speaking to humans or just comparing desert rodents ?

desert rodents? and im getting quotes online atm with it being a sunday but intend on ringing the cheaper companies to get a better price...

and btw same details on a 2005 mustang gt500 imported from the states is 9,845.25 a year... god i wish i win the lottery or a scratchcard:(

well worth a 2800 deposit and 9 months at 960 p/m :O

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I must have been raped then. When I had the 1.2 a few years back, think I was 18 when I had that, I declared an exhaust, suspension change and tints. Doubled the price to £1200.
I need to ring them soon to find out the cost of adding lowered suspension is to the sunflower.

My mate told me about it and when I asked them, they denied it... The next year they offered me the free mod policy lol! How odd haha

My mate told me about it and when I asked them, they denied it... The next year they offered me the free mod policy lol! How odd haha
Cheeky f*****s LOL. I knew that they didn't actually "cover" you for mods as such, but I always assumed that they'd charge extra. Ill see what they say when I give them a ring.
I've been with them for 4 years now, so hopefully they'll have a bit of lee-way with me (this fact actually worked come renewal and I managed to knock aload of pennies off lol)

At my last renewal I managed to knock £1k off the price they sent me lol

jesus wept! il pay you to speak to my insurance company for me :p so far with aviva its only gone up each year :S

got quoted 3 years ago (come august) for the same clio standard £1600, now they want £2000 standard when iv got more experiance and no claims o_O doesnt make sense on its own

They are pretty good tbf. No other company could touch my renewal. I rang them up and just simply asked if they could knock me money off. They did. I then added breakdown cover and got that pretty cheap too. Ended up saving myself & my dad about £100, without even having another quote that could compete with them. Paid £650 in the end.

EDIT: Spinksy, you need to speak to people. Don't go by online quote. Ring them up, have a bit of banter with them and they'll help you out.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
They are all c***s

I've mainly used Tesco and Direct line in the past. Last year the renewal from Tesco was something like £300 more than my policy. So did some shopping round, found it cheaper, rang up Tesco to cancel, ah yes we can match that. c***s I tell you. Mines up again end of July so just had a nose round seems Elephant and Admiral are cheapest by a few £100, that with the coilovers and a TS20 :eek: Winning

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
They are all c**ts

I've mainly used Tesco and Direct line in the past. Last year the renewal from Tesco was something like £300 more than my policy. So did some shopping round, found it cheaper, rang up Tesco to cancel, ah yes we can match that. c**ts I tell you. Mines up again end of July so just had a nose round seems Elephant and Admiral are cheapest by a few £100, that with the coilovers and a TS20 :eek: Winning

Yeah its funny how they can match as soon and you say im going else where as they are cheaper, should say i got this price give them the ref number then say i rang those guys up and they got it cheaper again on the phone to 'such number' can you match or im going with them. maybe bluffing might work ;)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
jesus wept! il pay you to speak to my insurance company for me :p so far with aviva its only gone up each year :S

got quoted 3 years ago (come august) for the same clio standard £1600, now they want £2000 standard when iv got more experiance and no claims o_O doesnt make sense on its own

Sack them off. Companies that try to bump it up every year need binning.. Or call them and tell the, you're leaving, you've got a quote for £1200 and you're off.

Comparing rodents .... Think about it. ;)