ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Insurance

So it's that time of year again, need to sort the insurance out for the track clio.

Always a pain trying to discuss values. Hate hearing the words 'market value'

I've tried Adrian Flux, best price so far (£550). Brentacre couldn't get near it (£780) and Greenlight said they wouldn't be able to match my renewal quote from Keith Michaels of (£599)

Who else is there to try?

Would ideally love an agreed value policy

i thought flux do agreed price policies?

is your car modified?

Heavily modified.

They do, but they can't guarantee it. You have to take the policy out and then they send of a request for the agreed value, but they said it's not guaranteed you'd get it.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
hmm I think its incase you have parts that are no longer made or one off parts like a home made diamond incrusted gear knob lol

mine is all off the shelf parts and they didint have any problems it.

Heavily modified.

They do, but they can't guarantee it. You have to take the policy out and then they send of a request for the agreed value, but they said it's not guaranteed you'd get it.

You could see how long it takes to get the verdict, you can cancel the insurance within 14 days iirc with no charge. Pain in the arse I know, but another possibility if nothing else pops up.

hmm I think its incase you have parts that are no longer made or one off parts like a home made diamond incrusted gear knob lol

mine is all off the shelf parts and they didint have any problems it.

Is yours an agreed value too then mate?

How much is it valued at if you don't mind me asking, PM if you wish.

I'm thinking that I'm valuing my car far too high. I know it wouldn't sell for this, but it's an amount where I wouldn't be happy taking anything less. After all the part costs, labour costs, and effort put into it.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
After all the part costs, labour costs, and effort put into it.

Surely, and rightly so, they don't agree to the value because of the labour and especially effort put in to it? Every road user, regardless of modifications, has put in their time and effort with their car and unfortunately spent far too much money on labour. I hope you get it sorted however.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Is yours an agreed value too then mate?

How much is it valued at if you don't mind me asking, PM if you wish.

I'm thinking that I'm valuing my car far too high. I know it wouldn't sell for this, but it's an amount where I wouldn't be happy taking anything less. After all the part costs, labour costs, and effort put into it.
Yep well I wont put exactly what the price was on here but I took a good middle price 60k 182 and added the cost of parts to it, i didnt put in labour costs as that could be spend on replacing old broken parts for new anyway and unless its a bespoke paint job etc etc they would cost for labour anyway.

But as you can guess it brings a modified 182 in at a strong price when it all added up though.

Surely, and rightly so, they don't agree to the value because of the labour and especially effort put in to it? Every road user, regardless of modifications, has put in their time and effort with their car and unfortunately spent far too much money on labour. I hope you get it sorted however.

Of course. And I never added that to my value.

I was just saying that even at the value I said, it is less than two thirds of what I've spent on modifications alone all in, and therefore I wouldn't be happy with anything less than this.

The cost of a low mileage 182 like mine plus the cost of the part modifications on top is still more than the value I've asked for. Excluding any labour and crappy little things :smile:

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Of course. And I never added that to my value.

I was just saying that even at the value I said, it is less than two thirds of what I've spent on modifications alone all in, and therefore I wouldn't be happy with anything less than this.

The cost of a low mileage 182 like mine plus the cost of the part modifications on top is still more than the value I've asked for. Excluding any labour and crappy little things :smile:

Ah, I thought they would have agreed a value over the phone tbh unless they plan on sending an independent 'valuator' to see it. Might just have to do what @Addicted suggested and use the cool down period (14 days) to cancel if they give you some pony quote/price.

Ah, I thought they would have agreed a value over the phone tbh unless they plan on sending an independent 'valuator' to see it. Might just have to do what @Addicted suggested and use the cool down period (14 days) to cancel if they give you some pony quote/price.

Yeah that's looking like my only option at the minute. Still need to try Keith Michaels again though, although I don't think they offer an agreed value.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Yeah that's looking like my only option at the minute. Still need to try Keith Michaels again though, although I don't think they offer an agreed value.
Are you thinking around the 5-6K area or is it more or less etc?

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

ClioSport Trader
  Renault 5
Hi,
We do now offer the facility to offer a fixed agreed value for virtually any type of car regardless of whether it is standard or modified. We offer this as an extra policy over and above the standard car insurance policy. If you'd like any further information then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

You could see how long it takes to get the verdict, you can cancel the insurance within 14 days iirc with no charge. Pain in the arse I know, but another possibility if nothing else pops up.

Adrian Flux charged me an administration fee for doing this a few years ago. In my case, I'd let it auto renew without shopping around due to not having chance. Out of curiosity I then had a look and found it cheaper so called them up and was not given 100% back.

Hi,
We do now offer the facility to offer a fixed agreed value for virtually any type of car regardless of whether it is standard or modified. We offer this as an extra policy over and above the standard car insurance policy. If you'd like any further information then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Hi Dan, it was actually you I spoke to on the phone already mate.

From memory you said you wouldn't be able to guarentee an agreed value policy for me though?? And that it might get declined?

Even if the value was up for negotiation I'd still be happy to take a policy out if there was an agreed value in place.

Rather than have all the hassle of trying to prove the value of the car if the worst should happen. Obviously we all hope this never happens but need to plan for the worst.

Adrian Flux charged me an administration fee for doing this a few years ago. In my case, I'd let it auto renew without shopping around due to not having chance. Out of curiosity I then had a look and found it cheaper so called them up and was not given 100% back.

Really, that sounds a bit cheeky, thanks for letting me know.

That's expensive! I don't pay anywhere near that for my insurance ( with Greenlight)

Greenlight can't even give me a quote. But I think it could be because I've only got about 3 years NCB. Although with this policy I'm setting the mileage limit to 3000 (realistically do about half of this on the road) which is f**k all. Insurance companies should be jumping at the chance to take £600 odd off me in my opinion.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Greenlight can't even give me a quote. But I think it could be because I've only got about 3 years NCB. Although with this policy I'm setting the mileage limit to 3000 (realistically do about half of this on the road) which is f**k all. Insurance companies should be jumping at the chance to take £600 odd off me in my opinion.

I would have thought so too mate.

My 172 now cost less to insurance then to tax! (FC all mods declared and 7.5k miles PA) :)

Just to close this thread off. Insurance is all sorted.

A good friend has a good friend in insurance so I've got a decent policy, but most importantly I know I'm in good hands should the worst happen. Even if I didn't get an agreed value.