ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car keeps cutting out wen warm

Clio 172 ph2
Need a hand here guys. My 172 keeps on cutting out wen am driving and the engine is warm and won’t start again untill it has cooled down.

I have cleaned the crankshaft sensor as I thought it could be that but it’s done it again any ideas??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dan's cast offs.
probably crank sensor, the cleaning them thing is a complete myth same as sticking a wet phone in rice ?

Clio 172 ph2
probably crank sensor, the cleaning them thing is a complete myth same as sticking a wet phone in rice [emoji38]

Would the crankshaft sensor come up with a fault code tho if using a diagnostic machine? Reason am asking is because a used my dad’s and wasn’t showing any codes at all?

dan's cast offs.
very rare for it to bring a code up. also unless it;'s clip or something decent it won't read it properly anyway.

Clio Sport 172
More than likely crank sensor, they don’t always show a fault. There’s different version of them now that comes with a wiring harness as the older ones suffered with the pins coming loose

Clio 172 ph2
Anyone got a link for where I can buy one from? Including the harness.